DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   hose bibs (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/216043-hose-bibs.html)

Greg[_6_] September 29th 07 09:59 PM

hose bibs

I'm running copper pipe for 2 hose bibs. What do you think about
running a 12" line and splitting it to each bib. Seeing as both bibs
will probably not be run at the same time, is this ok? Does code allow
this, or do I have to run 3/4 pipe to the T, then 1/2 line? Thanks,
Greg

SteveB September 30th 07 01:15 AM

hose bibs

"Greg" wrote in message
ups.com...
I'm running copper pipe for 2 hose bibs. What do you think about
running a 12" line and splitting it to each bib. Seeing as both bibs
will probably not be run at the same time, is this ok? Does code allow
this, or do I have to run 3/4 pipe to the T, then 1/2 line? Thanks,
Greg

I think a 12" line would handle about anything 6" or less.

Steve

Greg[_6_] September 30th 07 01:56 AM

hose bibs

Make that 1/2" line, not a 12" line in my original post. Thanks SteveB
Mr. PB!

jim September 30th 07 02:34 AM

hose bibs

On Sep 29, 7:56 pm, Greg wrote:
Make that 1/2" line, not a 12" line in my original post. Thanks SteveB
Mr. PB!

If only running one at a time 1/2 should do fine might be a bit small
for 2 at a time.

[email protected] September 30th 07 08:27 AM

hose bibs

On Sat, 29 Sep 2007 13:59:46 -0700, Greg wrote:

I'm running copper pipe for 2 hose bibs. What do you think about
running a 12" line and splitting it to each bib. Seeing as both bibs
will probably not be run at the same time, is this ok? Does code allow
this, or do I have to run 3/4 pipe to the T, then 1/2 line? Thanks,
Greg

I never knew hoses wore bibs? Must just be the juvenile hoses, huh?

[email protected] September 30th 07 03:34 PM

hose bibs

it will work greg. but like others have said, if you run both at
once you wont have much flow... if that doesnt matter,go for it.lucas

David Martel September 30th 07 07:52 PM

hose bibs

Jim,

If only running one at a time 1/2 should do fine might be a bit small
for 2 at a time.

Which may be the problem. Suppose Greg does this and then sells the
house. Will the new owner know that he can only run one bib at a time. He
should do the job right.

Dave M.

DonC September 30th 07 08:13 PM

hose bibs

"David Martel" wrote in message
Jim,

If only running one at a time 1/2 should do fine might be a bit small
for 2 at a time.

Which may be the problem. Suppose Greg does this and then sells the
house. Will the new owner know that he can only run one bib at a time. He
should do the job right.

Dave M.

If it's simply a way to avoid attaching a hose wye connector, I don't see
where it would be a problem.

jim October 1st 07 02:01 AM

hose bibs

On Sep 30, 2:13 pm, "DonC" wrote:
"David Martel" wrote in message

Jim,

If only running one at a time 1/2 should do fine might be a bit small
for 2 at a time.

Which may be the problem. Suppose Greg does this and then sells the
house. Will the new owner know that he can only run one bib at a time. He
should do the job right.

Dave M.

If it's simply a way to avoid attaching a hose wye connector, I don't see
where it would be a problem.

Most wye's have less flow rate than2 hose bibs running together if
you have ever run 2 taps at once while that is sorta the flow rate,
Also the right way would be to have 3/4 mains in the house branching
to 1/2 but if all he starts with is 1/2 inch then thats it least he
wants to replumb the house as 1/2 to 3/4 cuts pressure