DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Odd Shower Dripping (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/215876-odd-shower-dripping.html)

[email protected] September 28th 07 05:30 AM

Odd Shower Dripping

I have a new (1 month) shower stall with a Delta faucet. At random
times after it has been used - 30 minutes, an hour, and just now,
about 3 hours, a little burst of water, maybe 3 or 4 seconds worth,
will come out. It is almost like someone has quickly opened and closed
the faucet. It does not drip otherwise. What is causing this? My kids
say ghosts!

Thanks

beecrofter[_2_] September 28th 07 01:49 PM

Odd Shower Dripping

On Sep 28, 12:30 am, wrote:
I have a new (1 month) shower stall with a Delta faucet. At random
times after it has been used - 30 minutes, an hour, and just now,
about 3 hours, a little burst of water, maybe 3 or 4 seconds worth,
will come out. It is almost like someone has quickly opened and closed
the faucet. It does not drip otherwise. What is causing this? My kids
say ghosts!

Thanks

Most likely it is the water trapped inside the showerhead and pipe
just draining out after enough air has bubbled up to break the vacuum
that was keeping it there. The water is falling out under gravity not
under pressure from the supply pipes.

Al Bundy September 29th 07 04:17 AM

Odd Shower Dripping

wrote in news:1190953825.405320.289350
@d55g2000hsg.googlegroups.com:

I have a new (1 month) shower stall with a Delta faucet. At random
times after it has been used - 30 minutes, an hour, and just now,
about 3 hours, a little burst of water, maybe 3 or 4 seconds worth,
will come out. It is almost like someone has quickly opened and closed
the faucet. It does not drip otherwise. What is causing this? My kids
say ghosts!

Thanks

Had a Delta that would give a very short low pressure bit of water from 30
sec to 30 min after turning off. It was in the documentation that it would
do this as part of the anti-siphon mechanism.