DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Over Latex Stain (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/215726-over-latex-stain.html)

[email protected] September 26th 07 09:50 PM

Over Latex Stain

The siding on my house is rough cut lumber stained orange with Behr
acrylic latex Deck Fence and Siding wood stain. It was put on in the
last couple years but I hate the color and I want to go over it. What
what can I use and what can I do to ensure that whatever I put over it
will not peel ?

Al Bundy September 26th 07 10:52 PM

Over Latex Stain

wrote in news:1190839821.138460.97050@
50g2000hsm.googlegroups.com:

The siding on my house is rough cut lumber stained orange with Behr
acrylic latex Deck Fence and Siding wood stain. It was put on in the
last couple years but I hate the color and I want to go over it. What
what can I use and what can I do to ensure that whatever I put over it
will not peel ?

Consider going to HD and asking them since it's their paint. Get the
persons name (preferably get the dpt mgr to help you). Maybe you can put
them on the hook if it peels. Probably not though :-(

See how what HD says compared to what you get on here.

Roemax September 27th 07 01:50 AM

Over Latex Stain

Use sherwin williams woodscapes solid stain
acrylic over acrylic wont be a problem
8 year warrantee with two coats
GOOD STUFF

Curmudgeon September 27th 07 04:05 PM

Over Latex Stain

You don't have to go to home depot...there's an 800 Behr tech support number
on the top of every can!
Call 'em!!