DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Low water pressure-should I worry? (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/215583-low-water-pressure-should-i-worry.html)

jack[_3_] September 25th 07 01:31 PM

Low water pressure-should I worry?

Hello all,

This morning my wife got up to take a shower, and the water pressure
was very low. I got in the shower after her, and the water pressure
started out low, but gradually returned to seemingly normal by the
time I was done my shower.

We are on a public water supply, and my plumbing is about 16 years
old. I don't remember this happening before. I checked for leaks, but
did not find any.

Is this something I should worry about? What could have caused this?
Or am I worrying too much? Thanks!

Lou September 25th 07 01:33 PM

jack wrote:
Hello all,

This morning my wife got up to take a shower, and the water pressure
was very low. I got in the shower after her, and the water pressure
started out low, but gradually returned to seemingly normal by the
time I was done my shower.

We are on a public water supply, and my plumbing is about 16 years
old. I don't remember this happening before. I checked for leaks, but
did not find any.

Is this something I should worry about? What could have caused this?
Or am I worrying too much? Thanks!

Called the water supply folks??

willshak September 25th 07 03:24 PM

on 9/25/2007 8:31 AM jack said the following:
Hello all,

This morning my wife got up to take a shower, and the water pressure
was very low. I got in the shower after her, and the water pressure
started out low, but gradually returned to seemingly normal by the
time I was done my shower.

We are on a public water supply, and my plumbing is about 16 years
old. I don't remember this happening before. I checked for leaks, but
did not find any.

Is this something I should worry about? What could have caused this?
Or am I worrying too much? Thanks!

Besides something that the water company was doing, was there a house
fire going on in the area at the time?
When hydrants are open, the water pressure may drop.

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY

[email protected] September 27th 07 02:15 AM

On Sep 26, 5:33?pm, "clot" wrote:
jack wrote:
Hello all,

This morning my wife got up to take a shower, and the water pressure
was very low. I got in the shower after her, and the water pressure
started out low, but gradually returned to seemingly normal by the
time I was done my shower.

We are on a public water supply, and my plumbing is about 16 years
old. I don't remember this happening before. I checked for leaks, but
did not find any.

Is this something I should worry about? What could have caused this?
Or am I worrying too much? Thanks!

Is it fine now?

might be a problem with a pressure balance shower valve........