DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Is my pool's gunite showing through? (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/214968-my-pools-gunite-showing-through.html)

[email protected] September 19th 07 03:46 AM

Is my pool's gunite showing through?

I guess I don't really know the makeup of my pool surface. I have
some areas where the plaster has flaked off. The thickness of the
flaked plaster is about the thickness of about 6 sheets of paper.
Underneath, there is also a white material that is kind of rough. Is
that plaster also? Can I patch these flaked areas and if so, with
what material and what steps. Also, is it possible to paint the
inside of a pool or will the paint just flake off? Thanks, Chris