DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Kenmore dryer 70 series (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/214792-kenmore-dryer-70-series.html)

ChrisGW September 17th 07 06:32 PM

Kenmore dryer 70 series

The dryer stopped working this morning. When you set the timer and then press
the start button, you hear a buzzing sound. It almost sounds like the motor is
bound up. Is this a good starting point or should I be looking at something else?

Just wanted to ask here first before I start digging into it in case it is
something else.

Chris

ChrisGW September 17th 07 06:33 PM

Kenmore dryer 70 series

ChrisGW wrote:
The dryer stopped working this morning. When you set the timer and then
press the start button, you hear a buzzing sound. It almost sounds like
the motor is bound up. Is this a good starting point or should I be
looking at something else?

Just wanted to ask here first before I start digging into it in case it
is something else.

Chris

I forgot to mention. It is an electric dryer.

Chris

ChrisGW September 24th 07 06:23 PM

Kenmore dryer 70 series

Stormin Mormon wrote:
Could be dried motor berrings. Or, it could be that something else is
binding the drum. Or, the belt may be snapped and the motor is spinning
freely.

Turned out is was little plastic pellets that the grand son had in his pocket,
which got lodged in the fan side of the motor and jammed it up. Quick fix and
cheap fix, just my time. You have to love grand children.

Chris