DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Hard to find toilet flapper (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/214787-hard-find-toilet-flapper.html)

tom September 17th 07 05:18 PM

Hard to find toilet flapper

I have a toilet that has a rigid plastic rocker as the flapper, with
pegs, not holes on the flapper.

This is an old flapper. I wonder where I can find one that will work.

Steve Barker LT[_2_] September 17th 07 05:33 PM

Hard to find toilet flapper

Sounds like you need to update your tank with a new outlet assembly. OR
spend a $100 and put in a new toilet.

ups.com...

Frank September 17th 07 05:40 PM

Hard to find toilet flapper

tom wrote:
I have a toilet that has a rigid plastic rocker as the flapper, with
pegs, not holes on the flapper.

This is an old flapper. I wonder where I can find one that will work.

Call the manufacturer. You can usually google up a phone number. I
just went through the same thing with a newer toilet where a trip to
Home Depot came up with clerk selling me the wrong flapper.
Manufacturer gave me part number and told me Lowes, but not HD, sells
them, which they had in stock when I went there. Manufacturer also gave
me two suppliers phone numbers where I could have ordered by mail if needed.

Frank

Mikepier September 17th 07 05:54 PM

Hard to find toilet flapper

On Sep 17, 12:18 pm, tom wrote:
I have a toilet that has a rigid plastic rocker as the flapper, with
pegs, not holes on the flapper.

This is an old flapper. I wonder where I can find one that will work.

Who makes the toilet?

This is a good site. I've ordered parts for my 25 year old Eljer
toilet from them.
http://www.plumbingpartsdepot.com/

franz frippl September 17th 07 07:34 PM

Hard to find toilet flapper

On Mon, 17 Sep 2007 09:18:55 -0700, tom wrote:

I have a toilet that has a rigid plastic rocker as the flapper, with
pegs, not holes on the flapper.

This is an old flapper. I wonder where I can find one that will work.

Take old flapper to a plumbing supply house or hardware store and find its
replacement.

If a replacement cannot be found, consider replacing the entire assembly
with a new one. They are cheap and the repair should take less than a few
mintues.