DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   refridgerator stops intermittently (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/213805-refridgerator-stops-intermittently.html)

Richard Rosell September 9th 07 05:09 AM

refridgerator stops intermittently

I have been having a problem with my Whirlpool side by side refridgerator
model ED25DQXVW.

The refridgerator is approximately 16 years old and recently it has been
stopping, and then after a number of hours it begins cooling again. When it
is working it cools well. When it goes it goes on after shutting down it
may work for days at a time, perhaps up to a week.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what might be causing this problem
and how I might troublehoot it.

Thanks,

RR

Smitty Two September 9th 07 06:55 PM

refridgerator stops intermittently

In article DlKEi.119$BL3.90@trndny01,
"Richard Rosell" wrote:

I have been having a problem with my Whirlpool side by side refridgerator
model ED25DQXVW.

The refridgerator is approximately 16 years old and recently it has been
stopping, and then after a number of hours it begins cooling again. When it
is working it cools well. When it goes it goes on after shutting down it
may work for days at a time, perhaps up to a week.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what might be causing this problem
and how I might troublehoot it.

Thanks,

RR

Check the simple things first; in this case the integrity of the AC
power. Could be a loose plug, intermittent outlet, etc.

tony September 9th 07 09:20 PM

refridgerator stops intermittently

When did you last time took back cover off and vacuum the garbage
that accumulates on condenser

Tony

The Freon Cowboy September 10th 07 01:43 PM

refridgerator stops intermittently

defrost timer