Posted to alt.home.repair
zek zek is offline

Default wood preservative

They all say to treat slotted or cut treated wood. A have not been
able to find any anywhere I have looked. I used to have some years
ago. A preservative is not necessarily water repellent, and should
prevent bugs and fungus from growing. It should be similar to the
stuff they make treated wood from. I need a brand or store name. It
better not be Thompson's.

Posted to alt.home.repair

zek wrote:
They all say to treat slotted or cut treated wood. A have not been
able to find any anywhere I have looked. I used to have some years
ago. A preservative is not necessarily water repellent, and should
prevent bugs and fungus from growing. It should be similar to the
stuff they make treated wood from. I need a brand or store name. It
better not be Thompson's.

Cuprinol

--

dadiOH
____________________________

dadiOH's dandies v3.06...

Posted to alt.home.repair
KC KC is offline

On Sep 7, 2:06 pm, zek wrote:
They all say to treat slotted or cut treated wood. A have not been
able to find any anywhere I have looked. I used to have some years
ago. A preservative is not necessarily water repellent, and should
prevent bugs and fungus from growing. It should be similar to the
stuff they make treated wood from. I need a brand or store name. It
better not be Thompson's.

Ask for it at your local hardware store. Most carry the copper based
product which is water repellant, termite repellant, and rot
rrepellant.

KC

Wood preservative Greenhouse Base mike UK diy 1 February 18th 07 05:44 PM
Wood preservative 51 UK diy 9 November 24th 06 03:08 PM
Homemade wood preservative [email protected] Home Repair 3 January 22nd 06 09:35 AM
limewash as wood preservative David Woodworking 0 January 26th 05 06:58 PM
Blue spirit based wood preservative where? Sam UK diy 4 July 16th 04 10:02 PM