DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   High pressure sodium wall timer (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/213475-high-pressure-sodium-wall-timer.html)

[email protected] September 6th 07 02:49 AM

High pressure sodium wall timer

On the front of my house I have 2-60 watt high pressure sodium
fixtures hard wired to an intermatic SS8 digital timer.. I don't need
any fancy programming just 1 off/on each day. Is there a less
perplexing timer I can buy. Every time I try to change the setting it
just completely aggravates me.
Thanks, Richard.

RBM September 6th 07 03:40 AM

High pressure sodium wall timer

Tork 701A is an electromechanical in wall timer that's easy to use, very
durable and dependable, but does require a neutral to operate

oups.com...

[email protected] September 6th 07 05:08 PM

On Sep 5, 10:40 pm, "RBM" rbm2(remove wrote:
Tork 701A is an electromechanical in wall timer that's easy to use, very
durable and dependable, but does require a neutral to operate

wrote in message

oups.com...

On the front of my house I have 2-60 watt high pressure sodium
fixtures hard wired to an intermatic SS8 digital timer.. I don't need
any fancy programming just 1 off/on each day. Is there a less
perplexing timer I can buy. Every time I try to change the setting it
just completely aggravates me.
Thanks, Richard.

I just ordered two of them. One for the front and one for the back of
my house. Thanks a lot for the suggestion.
Richard

Bennett Price September 6th 07 08:08 PM

High pressure sodium wall timer

Have you considered a screw-in photo-sensitive switch? Automatically
adjusts for changing length of days.

[email protected] September 6th 07 08:31 PM

wrote:
On the front of my house I have 2-60 watt high pressure sodium
fixtures hard wired to an intermatic SS8 digital timer.. I don't need
any fancy programming just 1 off/on each day. Is there a less
perplexing timer I can buy. Every time I try to change the setting it
just completely aggravates me.
Thanks, Richard.

I didn't want to keep them on all night. Besides, I am not sure if
there is room in the fixture to add the switch.
Richard