DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   making my own sump pit cover (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/212942-making-my-own-sump-pit-cover.html)

Joe September 1st 07 04:42 PM

making my own sump pit cover

Ok so I checked out the 5 gallon buckets and they are only 11" wide.
My sump pit runs from 13-15" so I need something in that range and
ideas on something like that commercially available?

This is the discussion that spawned this idea last week. My pump is
larger than my pit so it stands about 3 inches higher than the top

http://groups.google.com/group/alt.h...9e9e1503fb9992

Puddin' Man September 1st 07 08:28 PM

making my own sump pit cover

On Sat, 01 Sep 2007 15:42:35 -0000, Joe wrote:

Ok so I checked out the 5 gallon buckets and they are only 11" wide.
My sump pit runs from 13-15" so I need something in that range and
ideas on something like that commercially available?

10 gallon buckets? 15 gallon buckets?? 25 gallon buckets??? :-)

If you can't find what you need, call a plumbers supply house
and explain the problem.

"Mit der Dummheit kaempfen Goetter selbst vergebens!"
-Friedrich Schiller

beecrofter[_2_] September 2nd 07 01:41 AM

making my own sump pit cover

On Sep 1, 11:42 am, Joe wrote:
Ok so I checked out the 5 gallon buckets and they are only 11" wide.
My sump pit runs from 13-15" so I need something in that range and
ideas on something like that commercially available?

This is the discussion that spawned this idea last week. My pump is
larger than my pit so it stands about 3 inches higher than the top

http://groups.google.com/group/alt.h...rm/thread/45e9...

check out the nearest big laundry, a lot of soap and such comes in 30
gallon , they might give you one, or show you where the dumpster is.