DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   replacement windows on the North side of the house (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/212347-replacement-windows-north-side-house.html)

NAL August 26th 07 04:27 PM

replacement windows on the North side of the house

Hi all - I'm just starting the planning process for replacing the
original alluminum windows on my 37 year old house. There are windows
on every side: 3 on the East, 3 on the West, 2 on the South and 6 on
the North. My question is what would your recommendation be for the
North side? Would I still want the Low-e glass since the sun really
doesn't shine through those windows?

Thanks in advance for your response!

NAL

willshak August 26th 07 04:46 PM

on 8/26/2007 11:27 AM NAL said the following:
Hi all - I'm just starting the planning process for replacing the
original alluminum windows on my 37 year old house. There are windows
on every side: 3 on the East, 3 on the West, 2 on the South and 6 on
the North. My question is what would your recommendation be for the
North side? Would I still want the Low-e glass since the sun really
doesn't shine through those windows?

Thanks in advance for your response!
NAL

Probably not, but I would suggest that you do not use metal framed windows.

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY

Nancy Young August 26th 07 05:02 PM

replacement windows on the North side of the house

"NAL" wrote in message
ups.com...
Hi all - I'm just starting the planning process for replacing the
original alluminum windows on my 37 year old house. There are windows
on every side: 3 on the East, 3 on the West, 2 on the South and 6 on
the North. My question is what would your recommendation be for the
North side? Would I still want the Low-e glass since the sun really
doesn't shine through those windows?

This site explains why you might want to spend the extra:

http://www.askthebuilder.com/097_Low...y_Works_.shtml

nancy

Buck Turgidson August 26th 07 05:18 PM

replacement windows on the North side of the house

Low-e will reflect the heat back in the wintertime. I think you definitely
want it.