Posted to alt.home.repair

Default how to get a hotter hot tub?

replying to Stormin Mormon, Highoctaneconcentrates wrote:
Sue me sue me im rich

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...ub-244424-.htm

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Monday, November 27, 2017 at 11:44:09 PM UTC-6, Highoctaneconcentrates wrote:
replying to Stormin Mormon, Highoctaneconcentrates wrote:
Sue me sue me im rich
--

Storman Morman actually passed away in the real world back in 2016 so you will need a medium to reply to him. He was one of my Usenet pals. (~_~

[8~{} Uncle Sad Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 11/28/2017 12:44 AM, Highoctaneconcentrates wrote:
replying to Stormin Mormon, Highoctaneconcentrates wrote:
Sue me sue me im rich

No problem, Stormy does not need money where he is. Everything is free.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Friday, August 24, 2007 at 9:57:33 AM UTC-7, SteveB wrote:
"JJ" wrote in message

We're in the market for a used or new hot tub. One thing we're concerned
about is the maximum operating temperature. It looks as if all hot tub
thermostats are now capped at 104 degrees for safety reasons. That would
probably be OK for me, but for my wife who likes it hot, hot, hot, that
just won't cut it.

We have an indoor jacuzzi tub now, and she gets that above 110 for her
tubs. Granted, there's no heater, so the water starts cooling off
immediately - but it's still above 104 after 20 minutes of soaking.

We've measured water temps in other tubs and hot tubs and I think
somewhere between 106 and 108 would probably be ideal, but at a max temp
of 104, it won't be worth buying. My wife's parents keep their hot tub at
about 112. Ouch! That's too hot for me. I can last about 5 minutes.

So, my question is not about the health effects of such hot temperatures,
but rather...

Is there a simple way to hack the thermostat on a hot tub to get above the
104 cutoff? I was thinking of maybe covering the temp sensor with some
kind of insulating material, but I'm not sure if that's feasible. Since we
don't currently have a hot tub, I'm not even sure where the temp sensor
would be located.

Has anyone successfully hacked their hot-tub thermostat, and how did you
do it?

Thanks.

-JJ

It can be done easily by someone who knows such things. They are set that
way because of the way the human body temperature works. You might want to
read up about it and find the facts before you do something stupid. Hot
tubs are limited for very good reasons. People have health conditions that
many do not know they even have and go into hotter water than they should
and stay there longer than they should. One should not consume alcohol
prior to gong into a hot tub. We all do these things, and USUALLY nothing
goes wrong.

Sure, you've done it, and it's okay. Tomorrow you invite your boss, and he
has a heart condition he doesn't know about or blood pressure problems. He
dies in the tub.

Can you say major lawsuit with possible criminal charges? I knew you could.

Steve

for some individuals 106-108 has more therapy value 20 min in 106 w a gallon of water to drink while sweating i come out cured! how come the water heater or washing machine isnt maxed at 104 ? same deal as the seat belt or helmet .should be a choice
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thursday, August 23, 2007 at 1:29:28 PM UTC-7, JJ wrote:
[...]

on older tubs with analog function its no problem. turn the temp sensor screw counterclockwise bout 1/4 a turn .the hi limit screw turn clockwise bout a 1/4 turn. any tub with a digital system regulated to 104 max is difficult to tweak if do able at all. sensors circuit boards relays are all very sensitive components with precise voltages, milivolt voltages, watts,ohm readings resistors etc. if one little thing is off kilter the computer will freak out. engineered that way. best way is just get an old pre 104 tub

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thursday, August 23, 2007 at 1:44:27 PM UTC-7, wrote:
JJ wrote:

Is there a simple way to hack the thermostat on a hot tub to get above
the 104 cutoff? I was thinking of maybe covering the temp sensor with
some kind of insulating material...

That might work, if you could raise the thermal resistance between
the water and the sensor or lower the air-sensor resistance.

Has anyone successfully hacked their hot-tub thermostat, and how did you
do it?

Sure.

Article 663748 of alt.home.repair:
Subject: Hot Tub Thermostat adjust
Date: 4 Nov 2004 13:30:36 -0500

Marcia wrote:

HOw can I trick the thermostat on my Marquis Spa, so that I can heat
the water to higher than 104 degrees?

You can't. That's the upper temperature limit for UL approval :-)

I want to get the tub up to about 107.

The latest Marquis Coastal Reward spas use a Balboa M7 controller with
2 thermistors near the heater. Balboa says the first (as water flows by)
controls the water temp and the second is a 118 F safety limit. They must
agree within 2 F for the controller to work.

If you wanted to make the controller think the water is 104 F when it's
really 110, you might put a resistor in series with each thermistor near
the control board. They have a negative tempco, with 22117 ohms at 90 F,
17636 at 100, and 14158 at 110, so 104 F would make them about 16245 ohms,
adding a 2.2K ohm resistor in series with each thermistor exposed to 110 F
water will make the controller think the water temp is only 104 F.

(Marcia got someone to do this, and it worked :-)

Nick

i tried that on a new softub and .... well the temp decreased!less than 100 degrees. 2 nu parts[probes]later im still stuck w 104
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Saturday, August 25, 2007 at 11:11:47 PM UTC-7, SteveB wrote:
You ninnies that are afraid of 120 VAC electricity are the kooks of the
world. I've been knocked across the room a half dozen times by the 40,000
volts in a TV picture tube, and another half-dozen times by the 450 volts
of DC in the capacitor bank of big tube stereo amplifiers, in the
previous line of work. I can tell you the caps were worse.

That certainly explains plenty.

agree! water and electricity dont mix. but the 104 hot tub max is bs for a private one person tub.
Posted to alt.home.repair
3% 3% is offline

replying to xPosTech, 3% wrote:
Thank you government overlord for being smarter than the subjects the you rule.

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...ub-244424-.htm

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.war.vietnam,alt.suicide.methods,alt.usenet.kooks

On 2018-12-05 8:20 a.m., Colonel Edmund J. Burke wrote:
On 12/5/2018 6:14 AM, 3% crapped:
Thank you government overlord for being smarter than the subjects the
you rule.

The way I get the hot tub here at Sunset Chateau hotter is by putting
Pleasance in it.
How about that?

hi fk stick
Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.war.vietnam,alt.suicide.methods,alt.usenet.kooks

Posted to alt.home.repair

replying to andrew, Benjin wrote:
http://www.rhtubs.com/104f.htm

Darn! Page doesn't exist any more!

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...ub-244424-.htm

Posted to alt.home.repair

replying to SteveB, Winds wrote:
Steve, You must be a liberal. And telling you that some folks prefer to take
care of themselves without government intrusion will never sink in. The rest
of us, myself included, will enjoy life to the fullest and fight poor
government. Now, turn up my hot tub.

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...ub-244424-.htm

Posted to alt.home.repair

replying to SteveB, JimPips wrote:
Who died and made you class monitor? We're adults, we don't need you to waggle
your finger. Seriously dude, if you can't answer the actual question, keep
your subjective morality to yourself - in small words, STFU.

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...ub-244424-.htm