Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Running Romex behind drywall...

Hello,
I am installing a new bathroom fan in my second-floor bathroom. The
fan has a light and nightlight that are all capable of being powered
by separate switches. In order to support this, I need to run new wire
up from the switch, into the attic, and over to the fan.

My question is what is the best way to do this, in terms of conduit,
wire type, etc? I figure running some Romex through PVC conduit would
be the best bet, especially in the attic. However, what about in the
wall? Can I have unsecured Romex in there? If I ran PVC the 4 feet
down the wall into the switch box, is it okay to have that unsecured?

Thanks...
Jason

Saving romex Eigenvector Home Repair 41 May 9th 16 10:05 PM
Running Romex in non-standard construction [email protected] Home Repair 2 September 5th 06 08:03 PM
Romex wiring Classic66s Home Repair 7 December 17th 05 04:31 AM
Can't run Romex in conduit? Alan Beagley Home Repair 8 October 20th 03 05:12 PM