DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Stove Top Burner Replacement? (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/211357-stove-top-burner-replacement.html)

TrailRun August 19th 07 02:28 AM

Stove Top Burner Replacement?

I had a burner go on a Magic Chef smooth top cooking surface electric
range. It was the large right front burner that just stopped working.
When I lifted the cook top I noticed the wire connection tab had come
un-welded from the limiter so I figured it was just the burner. I
ordered a replacement (although it was a Maytag brand said to be for
the Magic Chef range model I have). My problem is now that I installed
it if works on Hi only, that is the burner comes on but stays on high
no matter what you set the control at. Has anyone out there had a
similar condition. Would I now replace the control knob? Or could this
be a faulty burner. Oh well, any help or input is appreciated.

Noozer August 19th 07 05:22 AM

Stove Top Burner Replacement?

"TrailRun" wrote in message
ups.com...
I had a burner go on a Magic Chef smooth top cooking surface electric
range. It was the large right front burner that just stopped working.
When I lifted the cook top I noticed the wire connection tab had come
un-welded from the limiter so I figured it was just the burner. I
ordered a replacement (although it was a Maytag brand said to be for
the Magic Chef range model I have). My problem is now that I installed
it if works on Hi only, that is the burner comes on but stays on high
no matter what you set the control at. Has anyone out there had a
similar condition. Would I now replace the control knob? Or could this
be a faulty burner. Oh well, any help or input is appreciated.

Any chance that a faulty knob ran the original burner too hot and caused the
wire to come off?

Is it possible to swap knobs from another burner?

TrailRun August 19th 07 08:25 PM

Stove Top Burner Replacement?

On Aug 19, 12:22 am, "Noozer" wrote:
"TrailRun" wrote in message

ups.com...

I had a burner go on a Magic Chef smooth top cooking surface electric
range.

Any chance that a faulty knob ran the original burner too hot and caused the
wire to come off?

Is it possible to swap knobs from another burner?

Thanks, I was thinking along the same lines, that is most likely the
problem. I will give that a try before I buy the new switch.