DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   teflon tape (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/211259-teflon-tape.html)

thehip August 17th 07 10:54 PM

teflon tape

Can I use teflon tape(white) on the steel black pipes(2 1/2") for a steam
boiler? The pipe threads
in question are the ones that connect directly to the boiler. Or should I be
using some kind of paste?

Charles August 18th 07 12:13 AM

teflon tape

"thehip" wrote in message
Can I use teflon tape(white) on the steel black pipes(2 1/2") for a steam
boiler? The pipe threads
in question are the ones that connect directly to the boiler. Or should I
be using some kind of paste?

Temperatures can be very high ... so I'd be very careful.

[email protected] August 18th 07 12:37 AM

teflon tape

On Fri, 17 Aug 2007 21:54:22 GMT, "thehip"
wrote:

Can I use teflon tape(white) on the steel black pipes(2 1/2") for a steam
boiler? The pipe threads
in question are the ones that connect directly to the boiler. Or should I be
using some kind of paste?

Teflon tape is ideal for high temperatures. it will work fine.

kool August 18th 07 01:35 AM

teflon tape

"thehip" wrote in message
Can I use teflon tape(white) on the steel black pipes(2 1/2") for a steam
boiler? The pipe threads
in question are the ones that connect directly to the boiler. Or should I
be using some kind of paste?

For best results use both!

baby's happy August 18th 07 02:42 AM

teflon tape

I saw your article is very good, I like it very much. I will continue
to pay attention to your article, the following are the points I hope
that I have similar concerns.
http://www.game-win.com http://www.game-win.com/wow-powerleveling.html
http://www.game-win.com/faq.html http://www.game-win.com/power-leveling.html
http://www.game-win.com/World-of-War...-leveling.html
http://www.paper-cup-machine.com http://www.sinceremachine.com
http://www.clickra.com http://www.clickra.com/NewsList_2.htm
http://www.east163.com http://www.ruian2machine.cn http://www.rajayj.cn
http://www.mycvcv.com http://www.dgajm.com http://www.icansee.cn
http://www.icansee.cn/chanpin.htm http://www.pjwsdyb.com http://www.shdyf.com
http://www.nonwoven-bags.cn http://www.plastic-thermoforming-machine.com

Richard J Kinch August 18th 07 11:57 AM

teflon tape

Steve Barker writes:

You need some real pipe dope. Like Rectorseal.

So what's the "real" material that's not Teflon?

Mike Dobony August 18th 07 09:52 PM

teflon tape

"kool" wrote in message

"thehip" wrote in message
Can I use teflon tape(white) on the steel black pipes(2 1/2") for a steam
boiler? The pipe threads
in question are the ones that connect directly to the boiler. Or should I
be using some kind of paste?

For best results use both!

For TERRIBLE results use both. Each is designed to be used alone.

ronronron@________.com August 20th 07 10:30 AM

teflon tape

wrote:

Can I use teflon tape(white) on the steel black pipes(2 1/2") for a steam
boiler? The pipe threads
in question are the ones that connect directly to the boiler. Or should I be
using some kind of paste?

Teflon tape is ideal for high temperatures. it will work fine.

You can use teflon on a HOT frying pan.....
The only place to NOT use teflon tape is with Natural Gas because the
gas will react with it. (maybe propane gas too).
They make some special yellow tape suitable for Nat. gas.

The teflon tape container should say what it's for.

dpb August 20th 07 02:35 PM

teflon tape

The only place to NOT use teflon tape is with Natural Gas because the
gas will react with it. (maybe propane gas too).
They make some special yellow tape suitable for Nat. gas.

The only difference (other than the color) between white and yellow
teflon tape is the yellow is thicker. White won't react w/ n-gas or the
bottled gases any more than it will, just the extra thickness aids in
getting gas-type seal w/ fewer wraps...

RickH August 20th 07 04:55 PM

teflon tape

On Aug 17, 4:54 pm, "thehip" wrote:
Can I use teflon tape(white) on the steel black pipes(2 1/2") for a steam
boiler? The pipe threads
in question are the ones that connect directly to the boiler. Or should I be
using some kind of paste?

Black pipe for a steam/water line? My boiler is galvanized for the
hookup to the boiler, then goes to all copper for the manifold and
bleeder, etc.