DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Ignition Transformer for oil furnace Delco (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/210484-ignition-transformer-oil-furnace-delco.html)

Len[_2_] August 11th 07 08:19 AM

Ignition Transformer for oil furnace Delco

My grandmother needs this igniton transformer,I can't find anything on
the net.Any replacement transformer that will work is fine.Here are
all the specs I have.Hope someone can help.

4924368 Type 52a-710x3

PRi,115 V.....250 V.A...... 60 CY

Sec 10,000......V.23 M.A.

Midpoint Grounded

E-12684

Delco Appliance Division

General Motors Corp.

Rochester N.Y.

Charlie Bress August 11th 07 04:08 PM

Ignition Transformer for oil furnace Delco

"Len" wrote in message
ups.com...
My grandmother needs this igniton transformer,I can't find anything on
the net.Any replacement transformer that will work is fine.Here are
all the specs I have.Hope someone can help.

4924368 Type 52a-710x3

PRi,115 V.....250 V.A...... 60 CY

Sec 10,000......V.23 M.A.

Midpoint Grounded

E-12684

Delco Appliance Division

General Motors Corp.

Rochester N.Y.

I expect you might not find the exact item, but there are units out there
that should work OK if the mounting and connections are suitable.

The electrical requirements seem to be typical. The only spec that might be
a little off would the current of 23 mA. Anything above that would be OK. I
found one at the link below that was 22mA. For the application that would be
close enough.

http://www.dongan.com/products/ignitionframe.htm

Try a Google search for ignition transformer and check around. You might get
a good match by calling some of the suppliers and seeing if they have a
cross reference for the Delco number.

Charlie

Len[_2_] August 12th 07 12:41 AM

Ignition Transformer for oil furnace Delco

The transformer was made by Cleveland then they went out of business
and Dorman took over and they went out also.

This particular transformer hinges to the side of the furnace and not
away from the furnace

Thanks