Posted to alt.home.repair

Default AC Vent making noise

My AC vent is making a whistling like noise.

Any ideas of the cause? My thought is that there are too many vents
closed (1500+ sf + the garage vents, and at least 4 vents are closed).

Could it be something else?

The compressor and stuff sounds normal, but where the cold air comes
out it's just very loud. Is it safe to leave running?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Aug 8, 9:22 am, Mike wrote:
My AC vent is making a whistling like noise.

Any ideas of the cause? My thought is that there are too many vents
closed (1500+ sf + the garage vents, and at least 4 vents are closed).

Could it be something else?

The compressor and stuff sounds normal, but where the cold air comes
out it's just very loud. Is it safe to leave running?

OK, with all of the vents open, the vent downstairs by the unit sounds
like shoes in a drier. Any ideas on this?

Posted to alt.home.repair

Mike wrote:
My AC vent is making a whistling like noise.

Any ideas of the cause? My thought is that there are too many vents
closed (1500+ sf + the garage vents, and at least 4 vents are closed).

Could it be something else?

The compressor and stuff sounds normal, but where the cold air comes
out it's just very loud. Is it safe to leave running?

Shut it down and get your service company out.

It could be the blower wheel is coming apart and this could do some damage.
--
Moe Jones
HVAC Service Technician

Posted to alt.home.repair

Moe Jone, Bingo! You nailed it, the guy came out, and had it up and
running in a few hours.

On Aug 8, 3:33 pm, "Moe Jones" wrote:
Mike wrote:
My AC vent is making a whistling like noise.

Any ideas of the cause? My thought is that there are too many vents
closed (1500+ sf + the garage vents, and at least 4 vents are closed).

Could it be something else?

The compressor and stuff sounds normal, but where the cold air comes
out it's just very loud. Is it safe to leave running?

Shut it down and get your service company out.

It could be the blower wheel is coming apart and this could do some damage.
--
Moe Jones
HVAC Service Technician
Energy Equalizers Inc.
Houston, Texaswww.EnergyEqualizers.com

Dryer Vent Noise [email protected] Home Repair 6 May 12th 07 04:08 PM
Dryer Vent Noise JB Home Repair 6 September 3rd 06 05:47 AM
Fridge making noise. ghostwriter Home Repair 11 July 17th 06 07:26 AM
attic fan making noise John H. Home Repair 3 July 14th 05 05:59 AM
RCA TV making weird noise [email protected] Electronics Repair 10 May 25th 05 02:23 PM