Posted to alt.home.repair

Default does Borax kill trees?

I heard that it's bad for plants but I sprinkled alot around the perimeter
of my shed to prevent small snails from climbing up. There are 2 other
trees in the yard, the closest about 15 feet away. Thanks for any advice.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 05 Aug 2007 20:01:38 GMT, "Gary E." wrote:

I heard that it's bad for plants but I sprinkled alot around the perimeter
of my shed to prevent small snails from climbing up. There are 2 other
trees in the yard, the closest about 15 feet away. Thanks for any advice.

I don't follow much of what I've heard.

Fix the snail problems - too much water!!?

--
Oren

Posted to alt.home.repair
Lar Lar is offline

Gary E. wrote:
I heard that it's bad for plants but I sprinkled alot around the perimeter
of my shed to prevent small snails from climbing up. There are 2 other
trees in the yard, the closest about 15 feet away. Thanks for any advice.

Yes, it is a long lasting herbicide. Not sure how deep down it will
leach, but the ground vegetation will probably be effected for a number
of years.

The recipe I have seen is 8-10 oz borax in 4 oz of hot water then mix
that concentrate in 2.5 gallons of water to treat 1000 sq feet and not
apply it more than twice in one area.

Lar
Posted to alt.home.repair

on 8/5/2007 4:01 PM Gary E. said the following:
I heard that it's bad for plants but I sprinkled alot around the perimeter
of my shed to prevent small snails from climbing up. There are 2 other
trees in the yard, the closest about 15 feet away. Thanks for any advice.

I just put out saucers of beer. They love the smell and taste, but can't
swim very well in it.

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Lar" wrote in message
Gary E. wrote:
I heard that it's bad for plants but I sprinkled alot around the
perimeter of my shed to prevent small snails from climbing up. There are
2 other trees in the yard, the closest about 15 feet away. Thanks for
any advice.

Yes, it is a long lasting herbicide. Not sure how deep down it will leach,
but the ground vegetation will probably be effected for a number of years.

The recipe I have seen is 8-10 oz borax in 4 oz of hot water then mix that
concentrate in 2.5 gallons of water to treat 1000 sq feet and not apply it
more than twice in one area.

Lar

Ok thanks for the replies. I'll try to take up the excess then. I don't
care about the grass around the shed but don't want to hurt the trees.

KILL ALL THE WHITE PEOPLE KILL EM ALL [email protected] Woodworking 1 July 10th 07 02:03 AM
How do I kill trees when all that is left is the stump? Rod Home Repair 19 July 1st 07 10:11 PM
Trees [email protected] Woodworking 0 March 29th 07 12:06 AM
OT - NRA would argue, "Government policies don't kill people, hurricanes kill people." Cliff Metalworking 155 September 21st 05 05:10 PM
Borax for household drains IAN Home Repair 4 October 13th 04 07:45 PM