DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Carpet in the kitchen.... (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/208234-carpet-kitchen.html)

[email protected] July 25th 07 10:03 PM

Carpet in the kitchen....

I am renting a home that has carpet in the kitchen for some odd
reason. I was wondering if there is something I can place over the
carpet other than just a rug that will protect this area. Maybe some
sort of hard plastic mat, I am not sure what would work. The area in
question is about 8'x6'. Thanks.

professorpaul July 25th 07 11:23 PM

Carpet in the kitchen....

I had kitchen carpet many moons ago. Was a real PITA to keep clean.
Try a dog, cat, and 3 kids...

How about one of those plastic things you put under an office chair
(clear) to keep from trashing the carpet? The flexible kinds comes in
long strips/rolls as well.

Check your local "big box" store, or an office supply house.

mm July 26th 07 12:30 AM

Carpet in the kitchen....

On Wed, 25 Jul 2007 15:23:52 -0700, professorpaul
wrote:

I had kitchen carpet many moons ago. Was a real PITA to keep clean.
Try a dog, cat, and 3 kids...

How about one of those plastic things you put under an office chair
(clear) to keep from trashing the carpet? The flexible kinds comes in
long strips/rolls as well.

Check your local "big box" store, or an office supply house.

Or I think a carpet store for the runners. Two widths would cover the
whole thing.

[email protected] July 26th 07 03:38 AM

Carpet in the kitchen....

Your might try a flooring store to see if they have any linoleum
remnants. Or buy a piece at home depot.

Harry K July 26th 07 08:55 PM

Carpet in the kitchen....

On Jul 25, 2:03 pm, wrote:
I am renting a home that has carpet in the kitchen for some odd
reason. I was wondering if there is something I can place over the
carpet other than just a rug that will protect this area. Maybe some
sort of hard plastic mat, I am not sure what would work. The area in
question is about 8'x6'. Thanks.

Yep, carpet in a kitchen has to be the stupidest thing going. We had
an apartment with it. Disposal blew up and pumped garbage all over
the floor. We walked "squish" for 2 weeks.

Harry K

[email protected] July 26th 07 11:26 PM

Carpet in the kitchen....

On Jul 26, 12:55 pm, Harry K wrote:
On Jul 25, 2:03 pm, wrote:

I am renting a home that has carpet in the kitchen for some odd
reason. I was wondering if there is something I can place over the
carpet other than just a rug that will protect this area. Maybe some
sort of hard plastic mat, I am not sure what would work. The area in
question is about 8'x6'. Thanks.

Yep, carpet in a kitchen has to be the stupidest thing going. We had
an apartment with it. Disposal blew up and pumped garbage all over
the floor. We walked "squish" for 2 weeks.

Harry K

I agree. Just seems plain lazy to install this. But, like I said, it's
a rental. It looks like a indoor/outdoor berber type, but I am not
sure.

mm July 27th 07 05:37 AM

Carpet in the kitchen....

On Thu, 26 Jul 2007 15:26:46 -0700, wrote:

It looks like a indoor/outdoor berber type,

I used to know an indoor/outdoor Berber. His mother wouldn't let him
go outside as a child, but he rebelled when he was 12.

clifto July 27th 07 05:56 AM

Carpet in the kitchen....

mm wrote:
On Thu, 26 Jul 2007 15:26:46 -0700, wrote:

It looks like a indoor/outdoor berber type,

I used to know an indoor/outdoor Berber. His mother wouldn't let him
go outside as a child, but he rebelled when he was 12.

Yeah, isn't he the guy who did Silky Pony's $400 'do?

--
"Liberals used to be the ones who argued that sending U.S. troops abroad
was a small price to pay to stop genocide; now they argue that genocide

Hopkins July 27th 07 10:44 AM

Carpet in the kitchen....

they sell rolls of that plastic that sticks to the carpet -- like a
plastic dropcloth that has a light adhesive on one side.

[email protected] July 27th 07 04:07 PM

Carpet in the kitchen....

On Jul 25, 5:03 pm, wrote:

I am renting a home that has carpet in the kitchen for some odd
reason. I was wondering if there is something I can place over the
carpet other than just a rug that will protect this area. Maybe some
sort of hard plastic mat, I am not sure what would work. The area in
question is about 8'x6'. Thanks.

I have seen this. Not sure how well it will hold up. Maybe I will
check out the plastic runners with the 'spikes' on the bottom.