DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   ground water drainage and flooding garage (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/208159-ground-water-drainage-flooding-garage.html)

[email protected] July 25th 07 05:09 AM

ground water drainage and flooding garage

My garage is at a low point in the yard. Its only a few inches lower than the
ground around it but that is enough. It floods when there is medium or heavy
rain. There is concrete on 3 sides of the garage. The driveway is flat and the
same level as the garage floor. There is a drain in the driveway that works,
but since the driveway is flat it doesn't drain into the drain very well. There
is a flat concrete area behind the garage which is up against the back of the
garage and may be part of the garage foundation, I'm not sure, I haven't cleaned
it off and taken a close look. On one side there is a walk which slopes toward
the garage and can probably be dug up and moved. The other side is a narrow
piece of grass and the neighbor's fence. The rest of the back yard is a couple
inches higher than the garage floor and driveway. So the question is, how can I
get the garage to stop flooding?