DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   storm door retractable screen (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/208008-storm-door-retractable-screen.html)

Heathcliff July 23rd 07 07:01 PM

storm door retractable screen

I just bought and installed a new storm door which has retractable
screening -- as you lower the upper glass panel, screen magically
unrolls to follow it. Never had this kind before. I am wondering
what happens when the screen gets a tear or something, how do you
replace it? It is not obvious how the dang thing comes apart. So is
that not a DIY job? Nothing has happened to the screen yet, I just
want to know what I'm up against when it does. The brand is Andersen
if it matters. Thanks, --H

Joe July 24th 07 02:44 AM

Heathcliff wrote:
I just bought and installed a new storm door which has retractable
screening -- as you lower the upper glass panel, screen magically
unrolls to follow it. Never had this kind before. I am wondering
what happens when the screen gets a tear or something, how do you
replace it? It is not obvious how the dang thing comes apart. So is
that not a DIY job? Nothing has happened to the screen yet, I just
want to know what I'm up against when it does. The brand is Andersen
if it matters. Thanks, --H

What does it say in the instruction sheet that came with it? If you
can't find it, check the box it came in...sometimes the literature
gets discarded accidentally. If that is the case, call Andersen
customer service and they will likely send what yiu need. HTH

Joe