DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Traffic on this NG (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/207968-traffic-ng.html)

aspasia July 23rd 07 04:19 PM

Traffic on this NG

This is the busiest NG I visit! Wonder if it's one of the
busiest on the Net?

Anybody (with too much time on their hands!) ever do a
study of messages per unit time?

Aspasia

Tony Sivori July 23rd 07 05:37 PM

Traffic on this NG

aspasia wrote:

This is the busiest NG I visit! Wonder if it's one of the busiest on
the Net?

Much to my surprise, it is.

Looks like the busiest (not counting posts by bots, spam, misplaced
binaries, tech support groups, or test groups) English language text
newsgroups, as of today, a

alt.fan.harry-potter
alt.atheism
rec.autos.sport.f1
alt.recovery.adult-children
alt.support.depression
alt.gossip.celebrities
alt.religion.scientology
rec.games.pinball
alt.politics
rec.sport.pro-wrestling
talk.origins
rec.food.cooking
rec.music.beatles
rec.gambling.poker
alt.fan.cecil-adams
alt.home.repair

Source:
http://www.newsadmin.com/top100tmsgs.asp

--
Tony Sivori

aspasia July 24th 07 01:12 AM

Traffic on this NG

On Mon, 23 Jul 2007 12:37:45 -0400, Tony Sivori
wrote:

aspasia wrote:

[...]

Hey, thanks for that URL! Loaded with information.

How did you isolate the busiest, per your research above --
eliminating certain crap - er...criteria?

I guess we should be appropriately, humble, placed BELOW the
salt ...er...scientology...VBG

Aspasia

Charles Pisano July 24th 07 02:26 AM

Traffic on this NG

Not long ago, this was one of the lamest groups. I don't get it . The
guy that started it sold his webtv and gave up the as the groups
moderator and it took off??

mm July 24th 07 03:47 AM

Traffic on this NG

On Mon, 23 Jul 2007 21:26:35 -0400, (Charles
Pisano) wrote:

Not long ago, this was one of the lamest groups. I don't get it . The
guy that started it sold his webtv and gave up the as the groups
moderator and it took off??

Not every moderated group has moderated in its name, but this group is
not moderated now. Was it ever?

Charles Pisano July 24th 07 04:09 AM

Traffic on this NG

Maybe I called it wrong. But he was the guy who started the group and
'would' refer to himself as it's moderator as well.. Not unusual to see
less than 100 posts back then..

Oren July 24th 07 04:39 AM

Traffic on this NG

Pisano) wrote:

Not long ago, this was one of the lamest groups. I don't get it . The
guy that started it sold his webtv and gave up the as the groups
moderator and it took off??

Since when has an ALT group been moderated?

Just the other day I was asking myself; self? Why is this group called
the wreck?

Can you tell the world why this is so?

--
Oren

"I didn’t say it was your fault, I said I was blaming you."