DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Asphalt coating to home driveway (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/206179-asphalt-coating-home-driveway.html)

tenplay July 11th 07 11:21 PM

Asphalt coating to home driveway

We are getting ready to sell our home and doing various repairs. Our
concrete driveway looks pretty good but has a number of long cracks,
probably from the earth shifting. A local business applies a thin
asphalt coating that is supposed to create a smooth finish to the
driveway. It is guaranteed for 2 years. Has anyone had this done? If
so, was it a good idea or not?

[email protected] July 12th 07 12:42 AM

On Jul 11, 6:21?pm, tenplay wrote:
We are getting ready to sell our home and doing various repairs. Our
concrete driveway looks pretty good but has a number of long cracks,
probably from the earth shifting. A local business applies a thin
asphalt coating that is supposed to create a smooth finish to the
driveway. It is guaranteed for 2 years. Has anyone had this done? If
so, was it a good idea or not?

2 inches base one inch of smooth finish. it will crack again after
your long gone.

anything less than this will fail fast and leave you open to being sued