DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Hardwood ( lyptus ? ) flooring over cement approx 125 sq ft recommendations ? (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/206126-hardwood-lyptus-flooring-over-cement-approx-125-sq-ft-recommendations.html)

Barry July 11th 07 04:29 AM

Hardwood ( lyptus ? ) flooring over cement approx 125 sq ft recommendations ?

I wish to install about 125 sq ft of good quality hardwood flooring
over the present cement slab, in the dining room. The dining room is
carpeted to match the rest of the house, but is separate and sunken
relative to the rest of the house. It is about 13.5 - 14 by 8.5 -9
(there are some ins and outs in the custom shape)

I have just hung up after holding for a long while waiting on the
phone with the hardware warehouse store.

I note that lyptus seems to be well thought of by some floor
professionals. We would want a good quality and not a plywood
laminate.

http://www.weyerhaeuser.com/ourbusin...engineered.asp

I invite comments and feedback re costs of that size of a room and the
desirableness of the use of lyptus, etc.

And opinions on the workability of doing the job oneself.

Thanks,