DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Stained Crown Molding problem (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/206062-re-stained-crown-molding-problem.html)

ValveJob July 10th 07 04:43 PM

Stained Crown Molding problem

On Tue, 10 Jul 2007 07:54:43 -0700, wrote:

In a remodel, we had our contractor install dark stained crown
molding. They stained it first, then they nailed it in, then they
filled in the nail holes and touched them up. However, the touch-up
isn't perfect as it exposes where each of the nails were and when you
look at it from an angle you can see everything.

Our contractor says that this is normal. Shouldn't they restain the
entire molding after filling in the nail holes. I guess I'm asking if
I'm being too picky. I know that with painted crown molding, it is
seamless, but I guess that is also because paint is more easily
touched up.

thank you,

~mr

With stain, things are supposed to show thru such as wood grain and
nail spots. With paint, they are not.