Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Is it entirely me, or does the cheap chainsaw share the blame?

I just gotta ask: Did you have to do any assembly? Is the chain on the right
way?

I did that to my self one day after I had stripped the saw down to clean it
up. I put the chain on backwards. They won't cut worth a damn that way.

Charlie

"Toller" wrote in message
I have never had much luck with chainsaws, but then I have always bought
junk.

Currently I have a Craftsman 16" 36cc.
http://www.sears.com/sr/javasr/produ...BV Cookie=Yes

Although I haven't used it much, it barely cuts and when I push it the
blade just stops. Getting through anything more than a branch is an
ordeal; but I see professionals going through 3' logs like butter.
I concede my technique is largely responsible, I wonder if it is entirely
responsible.

There is an "new" Echo 440CS available locally for a very low price.
http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs/...de=cii_9324560

Since the normal price is more than twice that of the saw I have, I have
to think it is somehow better.
Will the Echo do better for me than the Craftsman; or would I be just as
unhappy with it?

Posted to alt.home.repair

Wouldn't it be nice if it were that simple! I will check. Don't think so
though; cuts too well for that.
I have cut very little with it, and I don't think it is any worse now than
when new.
I just adjusted the tension because it was a bit loose.
Don't know what a depth stop is. Please advise.