DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   insulating a crawl space with air handler (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/205909-insulating-crawl-space-air-handler.html)

[email protected] July 9th 07 03:16 AM

insulating a crawl space with air handler

There is so much information about the subject of insulating a crawl
space, i've done a lot of searching and have come up with the basic
ideas of what I need to do.

I have a crawl space, with attached basement (a small 3x5 opening).
The only way into the area is from a small outside door into the
basement.

I've gathered that I should be insulating the walls of my crawlspace,
laying down a protective barrier, and sealing everything off. I have
an airhandler/ductwork inside the crawlspace and a water heater in the
basement. Do I need to do anything else? should I be worried about the
air handler down in the crawl space?

Zephyr July 9th 07 05:35 AM

insulating a crawl space with air handler

Actually, you should be concerned about combustion air. If your water
heater is located in the basement, and you 'seal it off' from the rest of
the area, you could be creating a hazardous condition. Call your local
plumber or HVAC company, and ask a few questions. Pay a small service fee
and have them come out to look at what you are proposing. The service fee
is a small price to pay for your family's safety.

--
Zyp

ps.com...