Old July 9th 07, 12:11 AM posted to alt.home.repair

Default How to get a grease stain out of patio brick?

On Sun, 08 Jul 2007 16:03:02 -0500, Al Bundy
wrote:

Along with other things suggested: is Greased Lightning.

Driveway oil stains I've always been able to remove with cat litter. Pour
on. Let it st a couple of days. Remove and pour on some more. Grind in hard
with foot. Lot it sit. Maybe another round if you want.

Then there's Greased Lightning. Have seen that do good on a lot of hopeless
stuff.

Follow this method above ... I buy a gallon of concentrate Greased
Lightening and dilute as needed. IIRC a product called "purple stuff"
is now Greased Lightening((??).

Just the other day, while working around the pool I spilled some
muriatic acid on a paver (landscape type). right away I washed it off
( and my light ankle splatter ). It looked better than new; regarding.
a clean look.

--
Oren

...through the use of electrical or duct tape, achieve the configuration in the photo..
Old April 18th 16, 05:44 PM posted to alt.home.repair

replying to kavlainc, James wrote:
This worked for me https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iDdRz5zjspg

--
posted from
http://www.homeownershub.com/mainten...ck-232060-.htm

Old April 18th 16, 06:19 PM posted to alt.home.repair

On Saturday, July 7, 2007 at 9:36:20 PM UTC-5, wrote:
Hello, I was hoping that someone can recommend what remedy to try to
get a grease stains out of the patio bricks. Our grill leaked and we
have large grease stains on the patio. The patio is made out of some
sort of stone (looks like bricks to me). I tried Goo Gone but that did
not work. Any suggestions?
Thanks in advance,
Katie

What you want is a non-acid poltice powder. You put the powder and degreaser on the stain. As it dries it pulls the stain from the pores of the bricks. Do a Google search for poltice powder and you will find a number of products.

Old April 18th 16, 06:45 PM posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 18 Apr 2016 10:19:39 -0700 (PDT),
wrote:

On Saturday, July 7, 2007 at 9:36:20 PM UTC-5, wrote:
Hello, I was hoping that someone can recommend what remedy to try to
get a grease stains out of the patio bricks. Our grill leaked and we
have large grease stains on the patio. The patio is made out of some
sort of stone (looks like bricks to me). I tried Goo Gone but that did
not work. Any suggestions?
Thanks in advance,
Katie

What you want is a non-acid poltice powder. You put the powder and
degreaser on the stain. As it dries it pulls the stain from the pores of t
he bricks. Do a Google search for poltice powder and you will find a n
umber of products.

I'd try some of the hand cleaners made for mechanics. (Gojo, etc)
Work it in with a wire brush. A little gasoline might work too.

Old October 17th 16, 11:44 PM posted to alt.home.repair

replying to James, Zoran wrote:
Is this real? I'm dealing with a lot of little grease spots and have one of
theses blow torches. Thinking of trying it out.

--
for full context, visit http://www.homeownershub.com/mainten...ck-232060-.htm