DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   jennair gas stove installation model jds 98608aap (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/205736-jennair-gas-stove-installation-model-jds-98608aap.html)

gtrepair July 6th 07 11:32 PM

jennair gas stove installation model jds 98608aap

what size vent pipe should I use for a 12 foot distance to vent to the
outside. I would go down through the floor to a 5 foot crawl space and out
hoizontally. Is a right angle at this location or a 45 degree better. My
exhaust fan has a 4 inch disharge. Would a four inch diameter pipe 12 feet
long allow for proper venting? At the outside wall location, should I allow
for a slight pitch downward, level or upward relative to the stove. Is
there a flap to put on the end to keep out animals, wind ect.GTR from Ct.

Doug July 8th 07 09:24 AM

jennair gas stove installation model jds 98608aap

On Fri, 06 Jul 2007 17:32:54 -0500, "gtrepair"
wrote:

what size vent pipe should I use for a 12 foot distance to vent to the
outside. I would go down through the floor to a 5 foot crawl space and out
hoizontally. Is a right angle at this location or a 45 degree better. My
exhaust fan has a 4 inch disharge. Would a four inch diameter pipe 12 feet
long allow for proper venting? At the outside wall location, should I allow
for a slight pitch downward, level or upward relative to the stove. Is
there a flap to put on the end to keep out animals, wind ect.GTR from Ct.

The owners and installation manuals that comes with your Jenn-Air give
you all the details about your questions.
Get the info from the right source...

Doug