DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Bath Fitters (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/205380-bath-fitters.html)

[email protected] July 3rd 07 12:18 AM

Bath Fitters

Hello,

Has anyone ever used Bath Fitters or a similar company (home depot does it
to). We only have one bathroom and repping out the tub and tile would cause
some problems so I'm thinking of Bath Fitters. Im just not sure about
covering a porcelain tub and ceramic tile with plastic.

any comments please.......

thanks

BM

Usenet Newsgroup Service $9.95/Month 30GB

RBM July 3rd 07 12:46 AM

Bath Fitters

They are very fast, not cheap, and you wind up with a clean looking plastic
tub and surround. IMHO, if you only have one bathroom, I'd want it to be
tile with a cast iron tub

Cindy Hamilton July 3rd 07 03:25 PM

Bath Fitters

On Jul 2, 7:46 pm, "RBM" rbm2(remove wrote:
They are very fast, not cheap, and you wind up with a clean looking plastic
tub and surround. IMHO, if you only have one bathroom, I'd want it to be
tile with a cast iron tub

Why? I'd dearly love to rip out my tile and replace it with something
with
radically fewer seams. (I'd also like to get rid of my tub and have
just a
shower, but I realize I'm a little odd there.)

Cindy Hamilton

Andrew Duane July 3rd 07 04:00 PM

Bath Fitters

Rather than Bath Fitters (which puts a "tub liner" around your tub), I
went with a company that did the epoxy re-coating of the tub. It came
out amazing, in any color we wanted (we chose boring white), and took
one day to work as this was our only full bathroom.

The total cost for a 5' high tub/shower surround was about $400.

--
--------------------http://NewsReader.Com/--------------------
Usenet Newsgroup Service $9.95/Month 30GB

July 3rd 07 04:36 PM

Bath Fitters

"Cindy Hamilton" wrote in message
ups.com...
On Jul 2, 7:46 pm, "RBM" rbm2(remove wrote:
They are very fast, not cheap, and you wind up with a clean looking
plastic
tub and surround. IMHO, if you only have one bathroom, I'd want it to be
tile with a cast iron tub

Why? I'd dearly love to rip out my tile and replace it with something
with
radically fewer seams. (I'd also like to get rid of my tub and have
just a
shower, but I realize I'm a little odd there.)

Cindy Hamilton

I'm with you, Cindy. My upstairs bathroom has a bathtub (no shower) and we
call that the half bath. The downstairs has a fiberglass stall shower and
wall paper instead of tile, so it's very easy to maintain and clean.

mm July 3rd 07 07:59 PM

Bath Fitters

On Tue, 03 Jul 2007 08:00:31 -0700, Andrew Duane
wrote:

Rather than Bath Fitters (which puts a "tub liner" around your tub), I

That's one reason I haven't hired them. I can't afford to lose even a
half inch since my tub is already shorter than I want.

went with a company that did the epoxy re-coating of the tub. It came
out amazing, in any color we wanted (we chose boring white), and took
one day to work as this was our only full bathroom.

The total cost for a 5' high tub/shower surround was about $400.

How long have you had this?

RBM July 3rd 07 10:34 PM

Bath Fitters

Fundamentally, I agree with you. I haven't taken a bath since I was a kid,
but with only one bathroom, I think for resale, you're almost obligated to
at least install a tub. While plastic tubs and surrounds clean up easily ,
they do have that "motel" look