DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Repairing a DeLonghi "Pinguino" portable air conditioner (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/205329-repairing-delonghi-pinguino-portable-air-conditioner.html)

Too_Many_Tools July 2nd 07 04:19 PM

Repairing a DeLonghi "Pinguino" portable air conditioner

I have a DeLonghi "Pinguino" portable air conditioner that blows air
but does not cool.

Any guesses as to what is wrong?

Are these air conditioners worth fixing?

Thanks

TMT

Edwin Pawlowski July 2nd 07 04:54 PM

Repairing a DeLonghi "Pinguino" portable air conditioner

"Too_Many_Tools" wrote in message
ups.com...
I have a DeLonghi "Pinguino" portable air conditioner that blows air
but does not cool.

Any guesses as to what is wrong?

Thermostat, compressor, are the two most likely

Are these air conditioners worth fixing?

Probably not if it is the compressor. Fix may cost more than a new unit.

Too_Many_Tools July 3rd 07 12:24 AM

On Jul 2, 10:54 am, "Edwin Pawlowski" wrote:
"Too_Many_Tools" wrote in message

ups.com...

I have a DeLonghi "Pinguino" portable air conditioner that blows air
but does not cool.

Any guesses as to what is wrong?

Thermostat, compressor, are the two most likely

Are these air conditioners worth fixing?

Probably not if it is the compressor. Fix may cost more than a new unit.

Thanks for the response....anyone else?

TMT

Too_Many_Tools July 6th 07 01:15 AM

On Jul 2, 6:24 pm, Too_Many_Tools wrote:
On Jul 2, 10:54 am, "Edwin Pawlowski" wrote:

"Too_Many_Tools" wrote in message

oups.com...

I have a DeLonghi "Pinguino" portable air conditioner that blows air
but does not cool.

Any guesses as to what is wrong?

Thermostat, compressor, are the two most likely

Are these air conditioners worth fixing?

Probably not if it is the compressor. Fix may cost more than a new unit.

Thanks for the response....anyone else?

TMT- Hide quoted text -

Any idea as to how to determine which one it is?

Would I short across the thermostat to see if the compressor would
start?

TMT