Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Looking for somebody can tell a story about American daily lives

I am a reporter for Southern China weekly(南方周末), the most popular
weekly newspaper in China. Our page can be found at:
http://www.nanfangdaily.com.cn/zm/20070628/

I would like to write a story on American daily lives. If you are in
your 50s, have kids, house and cars, and willing to share aspects of
your life on paper please contact me at

Posted to alt.home.repair

In article .com,
xicuyangguan wrote:

I am a reporter for Southern China weekly(南方周末), the most popular
weekly newspaper in China. Our page can be found at:
http://www.nanfangdaily.com.cn/zm/20070628/

I would like to write a story on American daily lives. If you are in
your 50s, have kids, house and cars, and willing to share aspects of
your life on paper please contact me at

mostly we drink and **** and make sinister plans to take over the world.
other than that, we hang out a starbucks, shop, and watch stupid television shows.
is that a long enough story?
Posted to alt.home.repair

I'll send this post to a couple usenet groups that should
provide you a LOT of very kind and thoughtful replies.

--

Christopher A. Young
You can't shout down a troll.

"Smitty Two" wrote in message
news : In article
.com,
: xicuyangguan wrote:
:
: I am a reporter for Southern China weekly(--'o), the
most popular
: weekly newspaper in China. Our page can be found at:
: http://www.nanfangdaily.com.cn/zm/20070628/
:
: I would like to write a story on American daily lives. If
you are in
: your 50s, have kids, house and cars, and willing to share
aspects of
: your life on paper please contact me at

:
: mostly we drink and **** and make sinister plans to take over
the world.
: other than that, we hang out a starbucks, shop, and watch
stupid television shows.
: is that a long enough story?

Posted to alt.home.repair

xicuyangguan wrote:
I am a reporter for Southern China weekly(南方周末), the most popular
weekly newspaper in China. Our page can be found at:
http://www.nanfangdaily.com.cn/zm/20070628/

I would like to write a story on American daily lives. If you are in
your 50s, have kids, house and cars, and willing to share aspects of
your life on paper please contact me at

Yeah, right.

Harvesting of E mail addy's is the least of your problems if you reply.

The parameters asked for by the OP define an American with good
credit.

Interesed in a little identity theft anyone?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jun 30, 10:50 am, jJim McLaughlin
wrote:
xicuyangguan wrote:
I am a reporter for Southern China weekly(南方周末), the most popular
weekly newspaper in China. Our page can be found at:
http://www.nanfangdaily.com.cn/zm/20070628/

I would like to write a story on American daily lives. If you are in
your 50s, have kids, house and cars, and willing to share aspects of
your life on paper please contact me at

Yeah, right.

Harvesting of E mail addy's is the least of your problems if you reply.

The parameters asked for by the OP define an American with good
credit.

Interesed in a little identity theft anyone?

I'd say 90% of the spam email I get is Chinese ;(
Frank

Posted to alt.home.repair

Frank wrote:
On Jun 30, 10:50 am, jJim McLaughlin
wrote:
xicuyangguan wrote:
I am a reporter for Southern China weekly(????), the most popular
weekly newspaper in China. Our page can be found at:
http://www.nanfangdaily.com.cn/zm/20070628/

I would like to write a story on American daily lives. If you are
in your 50s, have kids, house and cars, and willing to share
aspects of your life on paper please contact me at

Yeah, right.

Harvesting of E mail addy's is the least of your problems if
you reply.

The parameters asked for by the OP define an American with good
credit.

Interesed in a little identity theft anyone?

I'd say 90% of the spam email I get is Chinese ;(

I win millions daily in the European lottery as well as am apparently
frequently recommended to assist Africans in redistributing their ill-gotten
wealth to needy parties, for a % of the millions. Ahhh...if only I had the
time...

Laurie

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
xicuyangguan wrote:
[...]

Doh, you mean they're sending those letters to two of us? OK, I'll split it
with you!

Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

On Sat, 30 Jun 2007 16:13:55 GMT, "Laurie"
wrote:

I win millions daily in the European lottery as well as am apparently

I've only collected 3 times, once for 400 thousand dollars, once for 5
million dollars, and once for 50,000.

That's why I was able to quit my job and spend all my time on the Net.

At least that's what I tell my parents.

But I may have to tell them the truth. They want to borrow some
money.

frequently recommended to assist Africans in redistributing their ill-gotten
wealth to needy parties, for a % of the millions. Ahhh...if only I had the
time...

Laurie

Posted to alt.home.repair

Yep, you just have to send your bank account number and PIN, and
they will immediately put in 26 million dollars. Or, so they say.

Are your letter from Nigeria, and typed in ALL CAPS?

--

Christopher A. Young
You can't shout down a troll.

:
: "Laurie" wrote in message
: news:7jvhi.450$7k7.343@trnddc01...
: I win millions daily in the European lottery as well as am
apparently
: frequently recommended to assist Africans in redistributing
their
: ill-gotten wealth to needy parties, for a % of the millions.
Ahhh...if
: only I had the time...
:
: Laurie
:

Posted to alt.home.repair

Stormin Mormon wrote:
Yep, you just have to send your bank account number and PIN, and
they will immediately put in 26 million dollars. Or, so they say.

Are your letter from Nigeria, and typed in ALL CAPS?

They used to all be from Nigeria and in CAPS, but in the last year or so
I've had several from the Ivory Coast, S Africa and various and other
African nations. It's fun to see the phonetic spelling and similarities
from one to the next!

I nearly got scammed several years ago trying to sell my son's cello through
a local music stores listing website. Got an email form someone ("David")
in Lagos, Nigeria (the main source for this stuff) saying he wanted to buy
it - I thought it was odd but hey, strange things happen every day, so I
said fine. I can't remember the whole gist of it, but he eventually sent me
a cashier's check for more than the amount and asked me to send the balance
to some business associate somewhere. Even CALLED me from Nigeria (!) and
sent me the cashier's check Fedex. By then I'd started to be suspicious,
and long story short, it was a fake cashier's check the check cashing place
confirmed (I refused to take it to my bank, which was the first
"suggestion"- I at least knew my funds would have to cover any funds I took
out and woudn't risk it - although I'd have still been liable to the check
cashing place for cashing a fraudulent cashiers check). By then (LOL) I was
scared to death and (finally) went to snopes and confirmed it was a well
known (by everyone but me!) scam. I emailed "David" the one word "busted".
The email address was disabled the next day. I'm generally too trusting, but
thought I was pretty net savvy at the time - ha! Now I am overly cautious...

"Laurie" wrote in message
I win millions daily in the European lottery as well as am
apparently frequently recommended to assist Africans in
redistributing their ill-gotten wealth to needy parties, for a % of
the millions. Ahhh...if only I had the time...

Laurie

Posted to alt.home.repair

C & E wrote:
"Laurie" wrote:
Frank wrote:

I'd say 90% of the spam email I get is Chinese ;(

I win millions daily in the European lottery as well as am apparently
frequently recommended to assist Africans in redistributing their
ill-gotten wealth to needy parties, for a % of the millions.
Ahhh...if only I had the time...

Laurie

Doh, you mean they're sending those letters to two of us? OK, I'll
split it with you!

Well, they say to be really quiet about it because scams happen all the
time. I think half is fair. I'll send you a cashier's check for your half -
hey wait...I know! I have a biz associate who owes me a lot of money. What
if I have HIM send you a cashier's check - just deduct your half (and 10% of
mine for your trouble) and then you can send me the balance? I trust you.
And that way it's all nice and legal and efficient. :-D