Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Bath fitter or new fiberglas spray for stall shower?

I want to change my fiberglas stall shower from almond to white, to match my
new bathroom remodel. The unit is old, but in excellent shape, with no
chips, etc., and it is perfectly balanced and feels very solid when standing
in it. I have the option of either having a new white fiberglas coating
sprayed on it (professionally), or using a coverup, like bath fitter.

Has anyone done either one? Any recommendations or cautions? I haven't
checked prices yet, I'm more concerned with a quality job and the best
solution for the situation than in how much it will cost.

Thanks!

Posted to alt.home.repair
Joe Joe is offline

h wrote:
I want to change my fiberglas stall shower from almond to white, to match my
new bathroom remodel. The unit is old, but in excellent shape, with no
chips, etc., and it is perfectly balanced and feels very solid when standing
in it. I have the option of either having a new white fiberglas coating
sprayed on it (professionally), or using a coverup, like bath fitter.

Has anyone done either one? Any recommendations or cautions? I haven't
checked prices yet, I'm more concerned with a quality job and the best
solution for the situation than in how much it will cost.

Thanks!

I didn't know 'fiberglas' was a coating. Maybe what you are being
pitched is really a coating for fiberglass. In any event, catalyzed
resin and epoxy coatings can be very effective in bath refinishing.
Where there has been silicone sealant applied, however, there is a
high risk of the system having an adhesion failure. If your
installation is silicone free, then the job can be very cost
effective. Choose a contractor with the usual benchmarks: years in
business, references, warranty, etc. HTH

Joe

Pricing on Bath Fitter? dgk Home Repair 3 March 6th 07 07:47 PM
**DO NOT TRUST BATH FITTER** [email protected] Home Repair 15 January 5th 07 08:45 PM
bath fitter habbi Home Repair 13 January 22nd 06 03:47 AM
Shower stall help? maxinemovies Home Repair 4 November 1st 05 04:05 AM
replacing bath tub with a shower stall Eric and Megan Swope Home Repair 7 August 23rd 05 10:07 PM