Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Maytag agitator oil leak

My Maytag washer is leaking a black oil during wash cycle which smears on
our clothes, etc. I have removed the agitator and cleaned the oily
buildup from the shaft. As I wiggled the shaft, the oily fluid came out of
the shaft hub top. I removed the little washer ring which covers the seal
which seems to be where the fluid comes up from. Does the seam need
replacement or is it more involved than that? Shaft bearing replacement?
How does one remove the hub, etc. Thanks

Roger
Posted to alt.home.repair

roger wrote:
My Maytag washer is leaking a black oil during wash cycle which
smears on our clothes, etc. I have removed the agitator and
cleaned the oily buildup from the shaft. As I wiggled the shaft,
the oily fluid came out of the shaft hub top. I removed the little
washer ring which covers the seal which seems to be where the fluid
comes up from. Does the seam need replacement or is it more
involved than that?

More involved.
_________________

Shaft bearing replacement?

Transmission IIRC
_________________

How does one remove
the hub, etc.

Call a repairman; not being facetious, that's my best advice, been
there.

BTW, don't wash anymore clothes, the oil/grease won't come out of
them.

--

dadiOH

dadiOH's dandies v3.06...