Posted to alt.home.repair

Default VGA and RS-232c

Hello

I see a VGA and RS-232c port on the back of my Tyco, digital Video
Recorder (they are female). Does anyone know what they are for, and
what can i plug into them? It is being used for cams.

Thank you

Posted to alt.home.repair
Lou Lou is offline

Harry wrote:
Hello

I see a VGA and RS-232c port on the back of my Tyco, digital Video
Recorder (they are female). Does anyone know what they are for, and
what can i plug into them? It is being used for cams.

Thank you

Well VGA is standard computer output so you may be able to record stuff
off of your pc.

Lou
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 29 Jun 2007 10:09:32 -0400, Lou wrote:

Harry wrote:
Hello

I see a VGA and RS-232c port on the back of my Tyco, digital Video
Recorder (they are female). Does anyone know what they are for, and
what can i plug into them? It is being used for cams.

Thank you

Well VGA is standard computer output so you may be able to record stuff
off of your pc.

Lou

And the RS 232 port is a data serial port. The manual should explain
this.

--
Oren

Posted to alt.home.repair

Harry wrote:
Hello

I see a VGA and RS-232c port on the back of my Tyco, digital Video
Recorder (they are female). Does anyone know what they are for, and
what can i plug into them? It is being used for cams.

Thank you

Hi,
VGA is for video most likely output port you can connect to a computer
monitor to see what's recorded RS232. port may be for control purpose
probably input port.
Posted to alt.home.repair
DA DA is offline

DA had written this in response to
http://www.thestuccocompany.com/main...2c-229662-.htm :
Harry wrote:

I see a VGA and RS-232c port on the back of my Tyco, digital Video
Recorder (they are female). Does anyone know what they are for, and
what can i plug into them? It is being used for cams.

VGA is obviously for attaching a VGA monitor and viewing locally what's
being recorded. Also extremely useful for making sure your cameras are
still positioned well and not spray-painted over if you know what I mean.

As far as RS-232 connector, that one is most likely just a rudiment of a
PC which your DVR is built out of. May not be used for anything useful at
all or may be used for connections to a PTZ (Pan/Tilt/Zoom) controller. If
you don't have PTZ cameras (if you did, you'd know - they are 10 times
more expensive than fixed) simply don't worry about the RS.

Cheers,
D~

News and Discussions Community of the Net

Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

On Fri, 29 Jun 2007 12:42:49 -0400, Meat Plow
wrote:

And the RS 232 port is a data serial port. The manual should explain
this.

Should, but I can imagine the manual saying,
12 -- input data serial port

And leaving the owner guessing.

Used to update firmware, software etc from an external pc.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

And the RS 232 port is a data serial port. The manual should explain
this.

Should, but I can imagine the manual saying,
12 -- input data serial port

Not familiar with the 12?

The RS-232 standard will explain it all, but I'm not one to spend time
on using a serial port - not in the past six years.

And leaving the owner guessing.

Used to update firmware, software etc from an external pc.

--
Oren

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 29 Jun, 13:16, Tony Hwang wrote:
Harry wrote:
Hello

I see a VGA and RS-232c port on the back of my Tyco, digital Video
Recorder (they are female). Does anyone know what they are for, and
what can i plug into them? It is being used for cams.

Thank you

Hi,
VGA is for video most likely output port you can connect to a computer
monitor to see what's recorded RS232. port may be for control purpose
probably input port.

Hello,
In other words i can hook my computer monitor up to the DVR instead of
the way it is now (hooked up to a tv)?

Truly

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 29 Jun, 10:47, Meat Plow wrote:
On Fri, 29 Jun 2007 06:36:40 -0700, Harry wrote:
Hello

I see a VGA and RS-232c port on the back of my Tyco, digital Video
Recorder (they are female). Does anyone know what they are for, and
what can i plug into them? It is being used for cams.

Model number?

Hello,
The Model No. is: A-SDR401E-80

Truly

Posted to alt.home.repair

An RS-232C port is provided to connect an external modem for remote
monitoring, configuration and software upgrades, text input, and to connect
a remote control keyboard. Use a modem cable with a DB-9S (female) connector
to connect to the DVR. See Chapter 3 — Configuration for configuring the
modem.

"Meat Plow" wrote in message
On Sat, 30 Jun 2007 09:59:59 -0700, Harry wrote:

On 29 Jun, 10:47, Meat Plow wrote:
On Fri, 29 Jun 2007 06:36:40 -0700, Harry wrote:
Hello

I see a VGA and RS-232c port on the back of my Tyco, digital Video
Recorder (they are female). Does anyone know what they are for, and
what can i plug into them? It is being used for cams.

Model number?

Hello,
The Model No. is: A-SDR401E-80

Truly

Scroll down to your model number and download the Adobe PDF file and read.
Full description of your recorder is there.

http://matrixnetworkinc.com/viewpro/...vpmanuals.html