Posted to alt.home.repair

Default ADT etc. Video Surveillance to Computer

Hello

Will someone please tell me how to get my pictures
running on the computer instead of the TV? All wehave
right now is BNC connectors and video connectors, and, of
course, DVR setup for TV.

Thank you.

Truly

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jun 28, 12:18 pm, Meat Plow wrote:
On Thu, 28 Jun 2007 06:26:27 -0700, Harry wrote:
Hello

Will someone please tell me how to get my pictures
running on the computer instead of the TV? All wehave
right now is BNC connectors and video connectors, and, of
course, DVR setup for TV.

Video capture device on you PC with the proper adapters/connectors.
Be aware that incoming video can consume huge amounts of hard drive space
unless it has been compressed by the sending device.

http://www.pcmag.com/category2/0,1874,396324,00.asp

I think he means how to use his computer as a display monitor., right?
They sell VGA-to-video adapters, It converts the video from your
security equip to VGA signal for your computer monitor. they are about
65-70 dollars online.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 28 Jun, 12:18, Meat Plow wrote:
On Thu, 28 Jun 2007 06:26:27 -0700, Harry wrote:
Hello

Will someone please tell me how to get my pictures
running on the computer instead of the TV? All wehave
right now is BNC connectors and video connectors, and, of
course, DVR setup for TV.

Video capture device on you PC with the proper adapters/connectors.
Be aware that incoming video can consume huge amounts of hard drive space
unless it has been compressed by the sending device.

http://www.pcmag.com/category2/0,1874,396324,00.asp

Hello,

Would a video-capture card, with TV capture (whatever), do it?
In other words everything is on the DVR-with-harddrive. 4 cams
can be broken down to 4 little squares, instead of one cam at
a time showing on the tv screen (so it sounds as if it can reduce
the picture size (resolution?)), and can i get all that onto the
computer with a TV etc. card? So i guess the question shouldhave
been: how do i get what is on the DVR to play on the computer
instead of the TV? I donot want to remove it all together from the
TV; just once in a while, because of the things you can do with
the computer as far as pictures go, and the visual is much better.

Truly

Home Surveillance SBH Home Repair 9 January 28th 07 10:54 PM
Home Surveillance Mike B. Home Repair 4 August 10th 06 03:03 PM
Home Surveillance [email protected] Home Ownership 2 August 9th 06 10:04 PM
Is there any sensor activated mini video surveillance camera that can be mounted in a car? [email protected] Electronics Repair 3 March 14th 06 03:11 PM
Video surveillance @work Cliff Metalworking 4 May 17th 05 11:10 AM