Posted to alt.home.repair

Default antisiphon valve

About two weeks ago our downstairs toilet started squeaking while the
tank refilled after every flush. The squeak got louder the past couple
of days and yesterday I noticed that water is leaking into the toilet
bowl. We have Hunter 528 anti siphon system in the tank. It looks like
this:
http://www.plumbingmart.com/lavellefillvalves.html

Should I replace the whole valve or is there an adjustment I can make
to bring the water level below the overflow pipe. I'm a newbie so
please be descriptive in your replies.

Thanks.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
About two weeks ago our downstairs toilet started squeaking while the
tank refilled after every flush. The squeak got louder the past couple
of days and yesterday I noticed that water is leaking into the toilet
bowl. We have Hunter 528 anti siphon system in the tank. It looks like
this:
http://www.plumbingmart.com/lavellefillvalves.html

Should I replace the whole valve or is there an adjustment I can make
to bring the water level below the overflow pipe. I'm a newbie so
please be descriptive in your replies.

Thanks.

Goodness. Scroll down for the service/adjustment procedure.
And there is a 5yr warranty./

My guess is the "main valve" is worn/dirty.

Jim
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jun 27, 1:24 pm, Speedy Jim wrote:
wrote:
About two weeks ago our downstairs toilet started squeaking while the
tank refilled after every flush. The squeak got louder the past couple
of days and yesterday I noticed that water is leaking into the toilet
bowl. We have Hunter 528 anti siphon system in the tank. It looks like
this:
http://www.plumbingmart.com/lavellefillvalves.html

Should I replace the whole valve or is there an adjustment I can make
to bring the water level below the overflow pipe. I'm a newbie so
please be descriptive in your replies.

Thanks.

Goodness. Scroll down for the service/adjustment procedure.
And there is a 5yr warranty./

My guess is the "main valve" is worn/dirty.

Jim

It's 6 years old. Warranty is no good. I saw the instructions. I was
wondering on how to get rid of the squeaking and also if I should
replace the whole valve or not. Thanks for your reply.

Posted to alt.home.repair

ups.com...
wrote:
[...]

For 9 bucks don't fool with it. Replace it.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message
ups.com...
About two weeks ago our downstairs toilet started squeaking while
the
tank refilled after every flush. The squeak got louder the past
couple
of days and yesterday I noticed that water is leaking into the
toilet
bowl. We have Hunter 528 anti siphon system in the tank. It looks
like
this:
http://www.plumbingmart.com/lavellefillvalves.html

Should I replace the whole valve or is there an adjustment I can
make
to bring the water level below the overflow pipe. I'm a newbie so
please be descriptive in your replies.

Check whether the valve shuts off the water completely by lightly
lifting the float. If it doesn't, then there is probably a replaceable
valve seal. The common valve seals are easily available at Lowes or
Home Depot, or any plumbing supply place. You might need to contact
the manufacturer for this one to find a supplier.

As mentioned by others, there is an adjustment, but if the seal leaks,
adjusting it won't help.
If the water rises, and the float rises, but stops with the water
still rising, that is another sign of a seal problem.

Bob