DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   hampton bay "remington" fan (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/204948-hampton-bay-remington-fan.html)

luthier June 27th 07 04:15 PM

hampton bay "remington" fan

I have conclude it is the receiver that is bad in my fan. I was told it is
in the motor housing at the top. I have taken the entire fan apart except
fo the motor itself. So where is the reciever located???

RicodJour June 27th 07 04:21 PM

hampton bay "remington" fan

On Jun 27, 11:15 am, "luthier"
wrote:
I have conclude it is the receiver that is bad in my fan. I was told it is
in the motor housing at the top. I have taken the entire fan apart except
fo the motor itself. So where is the reciever located???

Contact the manufacturer and ask technical support.

[email protected] June 27th 07 04:44 PM

hampton bay "remington" fan

On Jun 27, 10:21 am, RicodJour wrote:
On Jun 27, 11:15 am, "luthier"
wrote:

I have conclude it is the receiver that is bad in my fan. I was told it is
in the motor housing at the top. I have taken the entire fan apart except
fo the motor itself. So where is the reciever located???

Contact the manufacturer and ask technical support.

I assume you know for sure this fan has wireless control? If so, it
can't be hard to find the reciever. It has to be between the AC line
and the motor, just follow the wires. It's a small module usually
inside the housing. Also maybe someone shoved it into the ceiling
box?

Paul Franklin June 29th 07 04:01 AM

hampton bay "remington" fan

On Wed, 27 Jun 2007 10:15:31 -0500, "luthier"
wrote:

I have conclude it is the receiver that is bad in my fan. I was told it is
in the motor housing at the top. I have taken the entire fan apart except
fo the motor itself. So where is the reciever located???

HB has done this two ways that I know of. Most common I think is a
separate module that is up inside the canopy the mounts to the
ceiling, above the down rod.

But I have also seen it built into the switch housing that hangs below
the motor, where the light kit mounts if your model has lights.

HTH,

Paul