Posted to alt.home.repair
Rod Rod is offline

Default Getting parts for Sterling faucets

My home was built about 20 years ago. In this neighborhood they used
Sterling for all of the faucets. According to the guy at True Value, places
like Home Depot and Lowe's don't carry replacement parts for Sterling.

Who does?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jun 26, 9:14 pm, "Rod" wrote:
My home was built about 20 years ago. In this neighborhood they used
Sterling for all of the faucets. According to the guy at True Value, places
like Home Depot and Lowe's don't carry replacement parts for Sterling.

Who does?

From their website:

For more information on service parts, please call the Sterling Answer
Center at 1-888-STERLING (783-7546).

JK

Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

On Wed, 27 Jun 2007 02:14:26 GMT, "Rod" wrote:

My home was built about 20 years ago. In this neighborhood they used
Sterling for all of the faucets. According to the guy at True Value, places
like Home Depot and Lowe's don't carry replacement parts for Sterling.

Who does?

http://www.google.com/search?client=...=Google+Search

Google is your friend.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Rod" wrote in message
ink.net...
My home was built about 20 years ago. In this neighborhood they used
Sterling for all of the faucets. According to the guy at True Value,

places
like Home Depot and Lowe's don't carry replacement parts for Sterling.

Who does?

Who cares?

You might want to replace them for less than $10 for bathroom sinks and
about $20 for the kitchen.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jun 27, 8:19 am, "John Gilmer" wrote:
"Rod" wrote in message

ink.net... My home was built about 20 years ago. In this neighborhood they used
Sterling for all of the faucets. According to the guy at True Value,

places
like Home Depot and Lowe's don't carry replacement parts for Sterling.

Who does?

Who cares?

You might want to replace them for less than $10 for bathroom sinks and
about $20 for the kitchen.

Help me out John. You want the OP to replace his faucets with really
cheap new ones?

JK

Posted to alt.home.repair

jerryEE had written this in response to
http://www.thestuccocompany.com/main...ts-229434-.htm
:

Big_Jake wrote:

On Jun 27, 8:19 am, "John Gilmer"
wrote:
"Rod" wrote in message

ink.net...
My home was

built about 20 years ago. In this neighborhood they used
Sterling for all of the faucets. According to the guy at
True Value,

places
like Home Depot and Lowe's don't carry replacement parts for
Sterling.

Who does?

Who cares?

You might want to replace them for less than $10 for bathroom
sinks and
about $20 for the kitchen.

Help me out John. You want the OP to replace his faucets with really
cheap new ones?

JK

-------------------------------------

/o)\
\(o/

Right, JK, don't buy new, junky faucets! The good ones are repairable.

I found that Lowe's carries a large variety of faucet repair parts, but
not
enough. They do have a Danco catalog that includes a huge selection of
replacement parts. I found my kitchen faucet stem in the store's Danco
catalog
and then bought the parts on the web by Googling the part numbers. My
faucet
took 2C-4H and 2C-4C for hot and cold respectively (last letter in part #).

Posted to alt.home.repair

jerryEE had written this in response to
http://www.thestuccocompany.com/main...ts-229434-.htm
:

Big_Jake wrote:

On Jun 27, 8:19 am, "John Gilmer"
wrote:
"Rod" wrote in message

[...]

Posted to alt.home.repair

Right, JK, don't buy new, junky faucets! The good ones are repairable.

True.

Actually you can often repair the cheap ones too.

But why bother?

When you replace it, you get new handles, etc. All the chrome/whatever is
new and fresh. You get to clean up where the faucets rests on the sink.

When you replace the only major problem is that the lines should reach the
new faucet connections.