Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Kenmore 417 front loader washer: There should be class actionsuit on this machine!

For those still looking to repair their HE3 Kenmore/Whirlpool Front Load Washer. I was able to purchase a spider in good shape for about $200; the bearings, which turned out to *not* need replaced, I bought from this guy for a decent price in 2019. $75.

These are replacement bearings, not MFR; but guaranteed to work, supply model number, and are also way over specifications and superior bearings.
https://www.frontloadbearings.com/

So for under $300 I'm back up and running and will be using Home Made Washer soap: https://dengarden.com/cleaning/Does-...nt-Really-Work

I don't know if it will 'really work' but after looking at my spider from using cheap plain detergent (1/4c) I'll give it a try.

I got 14 years out of my washer before needing repair; but if truth be known, I think it started having an issue about 5 years ago. We started running 1/2 loads about then.