Junior Member

Default MCB's in consumer unit.

Our holiday home has a Crabtree consumer unit with approx 10 MCB's and an RCD fitted in the middle of the switch bank, I assume to protect the MCB's after it.
My question is this, how does one remove one of the MCB's. Do they just pull out or must the board be dismantled. I have tried pulling but nothing moves at all. Any help would be appreciated.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Unclebill wrote:
Our holiday home has a Crabtree consumer unit with approx 10 MCB's and
an RCD fitted in the middle of the switch bank, I assume to protect the
MCB's after it.
My question is this, how does one remove one of the MCB's. Do they just
pull out or must the board be dismantled. I have tried pulling but
nothing moves at all. Any help would be appreciated.

This newsgroup, at least for electrical, is almost exclusively US/Canada.

Try uk.d-i-y
They should be very good.

--
bud--

Consumer unit ΠDavid Love UK diy 10 October 24th 06 03:39 PM
garage consumer unit Paul Green UK diy 0 July 3rd 06 12:11 AM
Consumer Unit Nick UK diy 5 November 4th 04 11:48 PM
new consumer unit-do i need an RCD? tarquinlinbin UK diy 16 October 19th 04 10:52 AM