Posted to alt.home.repair

Default where do i get an arbor/trellis for over my garage?

i would like to have a arbor/trellis over my garage but have not clue
where to get one? do i have to have one made by a carpenter or are
some already made?

thanks

Posted to alt.home.repair

"dooo42" wrote in message
ups.com...
i would like to have a arbor/trellis over my garage but have not clue
where to get one? do i have to have one made by a carpenter or are
some already made?

thanks

Not sure what you mean by "over your garage", since "over" would mean you'd
be on quite a tall ladder to do maintenance on whatever plants occupies the
arbor.

Open the yellow pages phone book and start calling some real garden centers.
While buying plants this spring, I must've seen 50 different kinds of
trellises and arbors at various garden centers.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 25 Jun 2007 08:21:55 -0700, dooo42 wrote:

i would like to have a arbor/trellis over my garage but have not clue
where to get one? do i have to have one made by a carpenter or are
some already made?

thanks

You can get custom-made trellises made by a carpenter, expect to pay.
Or, you can build a trellis using a few tools (circular saw, square,
tape rule, pencil) and wood of your choice/budget (white oak, PT
lumber, cypress, redwood, teak, cedar). Make a drawing with
dimensions. Take a look at existing plans. Applying a UV finish will
make it last a lot longer. Sometimes a child will want to climb a
trellis, unless you are growing roses on it.