Posted to rec.woodworking,alt.home.repair

Default Storage shed - Thanks to all!

All,

Over the last several months, I have posted numerous (at least it
seems to me) questions here about the planning and construction of a
backyard storage shed. I just wanted to take this opportunity to offer
my thanks to those of you who responded, and to let you know my shed
is about 95% complete. The project has gone wonderfully and has been
tremendously educational.

My biggest obstacle has been the weather - we're experiencing one of
the wettest late spring/early summer seasons Oklahoma has ever had;
we're something like 21 inches (!) ahead of average on rain, and that
has taken a project that should have been a long weekend or two into
one spanning nearly a month. The whole family has been involved,
although my son kind of lost interest once the project got to a point
where it was hard for him to help.

All that's left is a bit of trim work and paint, but the forecast is
for rain all week, so I'll just have to be patient. The roof shingles
are about 95% on except for two courses near the very top on one side,
but I ran out of shingles over the weekend...alas

Anyway, sorry for going on so long, but again, THANKS to all who
offered their help, experience, and suggestions on this project.

-intrepid (aka Dave)

Posted to rec.woodworking,alt.home.repair

wrote in news:1182780529.468644.325340
@n60g2000hse.googlegroups.com:

[...]

Hey, congratulations!

I don't know whether I should mention that my shed has been a little
over 95% complete for about 6 years now... If I don't trim the grass
too close, it's rather hard to tell.

Be grateful for the rain.

Patriarch