Posted to alt.home.repair
Lou Lou is offline

Default Dryer question.

Friend has a dryer that she has been told "does not exhaust air with
enough force". Anyone have experience with such an issue? Any ideas on
what, if anything, can be done.

TIA

Lou
Posted to alt.home.repair
RBM RBM is offline

Use smooth dryer duct to cut the resistance, keep bends to a minimum, keep
total length to a minimum, and if necessary use an inline dryer vent booster
fan

"Lou" wrote in message
Friend has a dryer that she has been told "does not exhaust air with
enough force". Anyone have experience with such an issue? Any ideas on
what, if anything, can be done.

TIA

Lou

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jun 25, 7:02 am, Lou wrote:
Friend has a dryer that she has been told "does not exhaust air with
enough force". Anyone have experience with such an issue? Any ideas on
what, if anything, can be done.

TIA

Lou

i would disconnect the vent flexy 4" hose and test it BRIEFLY.
if it's a gas model it discharges its combustion exhaust thru the same
hose. we then remove lint and a bird's nest from discharge wall vent,
that helps a lot.
if dryer still blows slow when testing, it's ready to be taken apart
and cleaned out. for the how-to, go see:
http://applianceguru.com/

Posted to alt.home.repair

Lou wrote:
Friend has a dryer that she has been told "does not exhaust air with
enough force". Anyone have experience with such an issue? Any ideas
on what, if anything, can be done.

TIA

Lou

Who told her that, and under what circumstances? As noted bends and
corrugated pipe (metal or plastic) reduces air flow. Blocked pipe (lint)
can also reduce flow and can be a fire hazard.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia 's Muire duit

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 25 Jun 2007 07:02:23 -0400, Lou wrote:

Friend has a dryer that she has been told "does not exhaust air with
enough force". Anyone have experience with such an issue? Any ideas on
what, if anything, can be done.

TIA

Lou

Not really enough information, since there can be many factors,
clogged duct work, ducting too long, etc. Got Photos?

Tom @ www.CarFleaMarket.com

Posted to alt.home.repair
Lou Lou is offline

"Lou" wrote in message
Friend has a dryer that she has been told "does not exhaust air with
enough force". Anyone have experience with such an issue? Any ideas on
what, if anything, can be done.

TIA

Lou

Did not know there were such things, Thank You.

Lou
Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

On Mon, 25 Jun 2007 09:25:29 -0400, Just Joshin
wrote:

On Mon, 25 Jun 2007 07:02:23 -0400, Lou wrote:

Friend has a dryer that she has been told "does not exhaust air with
enough force". Anyone have experience with such an issue? Any ideas on
what, if anything, can be done.

TIA

Lou

Not really enough information, since there can be many factors,
clogged duct work, ducting too long, etc. Got Photos?

And does the dryer dry the clothes in normal time? Probably not or
you wouldn't be posting, but for the record, the goal is dry clothes,
not to expel air. I've seen scientific studies reported where it
seems, if you believe the report, they have lost track of what they
were trying to determine.

Tom @ www.CarFleaMarket.com

Posted to alt.home.repair
Lou Lou is offline

wrote:

On Mon, 25 Jun 2007 07:02:23 -0400, Lou wrote:

Friend has a dryer that she has been told "does not exhaust air with
enough force". Anyone have experience with such an issue? Any ideas on
what, if anything, can be done.

TIA

Lou

Not really enough information, since there can be many factors,
clogged duct work, ducting too long, etc. Got Photos?

And does the dryer dry the clothes in normal time? Probably not or
you wouldn't be posting, but for the record, the goal is dry clothes,
not to expel air. I've seen scientific studies reported where it
seems, if you believe the report, they have lost track of what they
were trying to determine.
Tom @ www.CarFleaMarket.com

Lady currently exhausts the air into her house thru a special box.
Since house os in Florida and a/c is on all the time this is expensive.

Lou
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

Indeed.
Boucou heat comes out (equivalent to the max cooling of a good-sized central
A/C system, 3-5 ton), AND it is miserably moist heat.
We vent ours outside in the summer, inside in the winter, but the water
content of the hot air is so high, I'm debating about even venting it inside
in the winter.

That special box, I would guess, is a water-filled lint trap?

When we moved our dryer, I took the opportunity to do a looksee through the
access panels, and wow, what a mess. Lint in/out/on/around everything,
despite being fairly diligent with the filter.
Your friend does clean/check the filter??

There are a number of clog points.
--
------

Absolutely Vote, but NOT for a Democrat or a Republican.
Ending Corruption in Congress is the *Single Best Way*
to Materially Improve Your Family's Life.
The Solution is so simple--and inexpensive!

all d'numbuhs

Lou

Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

wrote:

[...]

Well she should stop doing it then. The only time to do that is when
it's cold outside and one wants the heat to stay inside. That's what
those special boxes are made for. I'm almost surprised you can buy
one in Florida.

So, does the dryer dry the clothes in the normal time?

How far away is the nearest wall or good place to put the hot air
outside.

Lou

Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

On Tue, 26 Jun 2007 07:14:32 -0400, Lou wrote:

Lady currently exhausts the air into her house thru a special box.

Did she brink the box from the North? Shouldn't have bothered, unless
there is a cold part of Florida. Where do the neigbhors with similar
homes exhaust their air?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jun 25, 6:02 am, Lou wrote:
Friend has a dryer that she has been told "does not exhaust air with
enough force". Anyone have experience with such an issue? Any ideas on
what, if anything, can be done.

TIA

Lou

Clean the lint screen. When dryer sheets are used, they leave a film
on the lint screen that you cannot see, but keeps air from flowing
through it.

Alisa
Certified Dryer Exhaust Technician
http://CleanYourOwnDryerVent.com

Posted to alt.home.repair
Lou Lou is offline

Proctologically Violated©® wrote:
wrote:

[...]

Yes to lint trap and yes to cleaning.

Seems to have found a good handyman (for another project) and he is
going to check out the dryer vent issue.

Thanks to all for ideas.

Lou
Education is about knowing where to look for answers.