DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Where can I find these curtain track hardware? (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/204696-where-can-i-find-these-curtain-track-hardware.html)

marc0047 June 24th 07 04:13 PM

Where can I find these curtain track hardware?

I'm having a hard time locating these particular curtain track
hardwa

http://flickr.com/photos/marc0047/420674236/

In particular I'm looking for the hook system that automatically
creates a pleat with the band that is sewn into the drapes. Also, it's
a very neat and organized looking system that looks good on both
sides. (Most systems look good on one, but then ugly and exposed on
the other.)

If anyone knows of a place to purchase this online or in the Los
Angeles area, please let me know!

thanks!

Colbyt June 24th 07 10:41 PM

Where can I find these curtain track hardware?

"marc0047" wrote in message
oups.com...
I'm having a hard time locating these particular curtain track
hardwa

http://flickr.com/photos/marc0047/420674236/

In particular I'm looking for the hook system that automatically
creates a pleat with the band that is sewn into the drapes. Also, it's
a very neat and organized looking system that looks good on both
sides. (Most systems look good on one, but then ugly and exposed on
the other.)

If anyone knows of a place to purchase this online or in the Los
Angeles area, please let me know!

thanks!

That is either the "ripplefold system" by Kirsch or a clone.

The rod and carriers are made to work together as a system and must be
purchased that way. Find a local Kirsch dealer and you will be able to
order it there. I think the Kirsch site may contain a dealer list.

They are not cheap but the cost of the hardware can offset the cost of the
sewing and I think they use a little less fabric to cover the same space.

Colbyt

marc0047 June 25th 07 04:35 PM

Where can I find these curtain track hardware?

Thanks! I couldn't find it on their website, but I'm going to make a
direct inquiry with them.

Colbyt June 25th 07 10:57 PM

Where can I find these curtain track hardware?

"marc0047" wrote in message
oups.com...

Thanks! I couldn't find it on their website, but I'm going to make a
direct inquiry with them.

That is either the "ripplefold system" by Kirsch or a clone.

It is still in the wholesale catalog. It is considered more of a commercial
product which may explain it not being on the site.

You should not let the word commercial discourage you. It is still a nice
look.

It is also a clone of the "SpringCrest" system. Trust me on this one, as
DIY person you do not want to go there. That SpringCrest pinning system can
be a real bear and the parts can be had to find.

Colbyt