Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Sewer Cleanout Cap Covers

Hey guys,
In my partially-finished basement, I need to find something to cover
the unsightly sewer cleanout cap in my wall. When the inspector
looked at the house before I bought it, he said that they made covers
you can screw right into it. There already is a cap there.

What are my options here?

Posted to alt.home.repair
DAC DAC is offline

On Jun 22, 9:13 am, mike wrote:
Hey guys,
In my partially-finished basement, I need to find something to cover
the unsightly sewer cleanout cap in my wall. When the inspector
looked at the house before I bought it, he said that they made covers
you can screw right into it. There already is a cap there.

What are my options here?

Details man...details!

There are a lot of options. If the clean out cap is just an inch or
two below the finished wall, Sioux Chief makes a cap with a small
threaded brass insert http://www.acehardwareoutlet.com/
(fkz5lizf4g1kzgaohwpbml45)/ProductDetails.aspx?
SKU=4263919&Source=froogle I find them at our local Menards. These
allow you to fasten a stainless cover plate like this:http://
www.azpartsmaster.com/shopazp/Clean-Out+Cover+Plates+-+5%22+(PAS1842).html
If this one isn't big enough, look around, they come in different
sizes.

You can also take a small piece of wood, span the hole on the inside
of the finished wall, and screw the cover plate to it. You don't have
to fasten the wood to the inside of the wall...the screw in the cover
plate tension on the wall will hold it in place.

Posted to alt.home.repair

I just used the cover from a plastic jar some cookies came in. About 4"
across. Just glue it to the wall or to the square knob on the cleanout cap,
using Liquid Nails. Looks perfect. free

--
Walter
www.rationality.net
"mike" wrote in message
ps.com...
Hey guys,
In my partially-finished basement, I need to find something to cover
the unsightly sewer cleanout cap in my wall. When the inspector
looked at the house before I bought it, he said that they made covers
you can screw right into it. There already is a cap there.

What are my options here?

DWV cleanout question Dan_Musicant Home Repair 0 January 18th 07 06:03 PM
DWV cleanout question Dan_Musicant Home Repair 0 January 18th 07 05:48 PM
General sewer cleanout questions [email protected] Home Repair 4 September 22nd 06 04:25 PM
Boiler cleanout. Matthew UK diy 0 September 4th 06 10:25 AM
sewage backup, cleanout cap HELP !!! bkcham85 Home Repair 3 August 1st 04 04:36 PM