DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Gutter Guards (revisit) (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/204428-gutter-guards-revisit.html)

[email protected] June 22nd 07 02:36 AM

Gutter Guards (revisit)

I know this has been discussed. But I forget what brand was best. I
guess I'm going to get mine done. Are gutter guards the better ones?
Thanks

[email protected] June 22nd 07 06:03 AM

Gutter Guards (revisit)

On Jun 21, 9:36 pm, wrote:
I know this has been discussed. But I forget what brand was best. I
guess I'm going to get mine done. Are gutter guards the better ones?
Thanks

make sure you have angle for the roof and the guards. I had a low
angle roof and the water would run back up into the plywood during a
heavy rain.

I had to switch the more open cheaper gutter guard with the screen in
it. so the water would run right through it and not back up.

Art June 22nd 07 09:44 AM

Gutter Guards (revisit)

Leafguard gutters with built in guards definitely work. Gutter helmits do
not. Been there and done both. Leafguard work with both pines and
hardwoods.

[email protected] June 22nd 07 02:20 PM

Gutter Guards (revisit)

My roof is steep. But I'm not sure I want to go with a brand that has to
go under the first row of shingles. Would I be exposing myself to more
problems with one that has to be fastened this way?

[email protected] June 22nd 07 02:49 PM

Gutter Guards (revisit)

wrote in message

I know this has been discussed. But I forget what brand was best. I
guess I'm going to get mine done. Are gutter guards the better ones?
Thanks

well i've said this at least 3 times before but i must again...

Leafguard customer service is the pits. I spent $1600 to have these
installed
on my new house and within 3 months i had birds living in 3 corners of
my gutters.
what a mess. Initial installer wouldn't return and Leafguard home
office blew
smoke my way until i finally gave up, ripped them all off and threw
them away.

[email protected] June 22nd 07 04:43 PM

Gutter Guards (revisit)

Thanks. 1600 is a lot of money. Did you at least file a complaint with
the BBB?

Mick Collens June 22nd 07 11:33 PM

Gutter Guards (revisit)

wrote:
Would I be exposing myself to more
problems with one that has to be fastened this way?

Pervert!!! Why would you start exposing yourself?

Art June 23rd 07 05:50 PM

Gutter Guards (revisit)

I don't see how that is possible. My leafguard gutters have been on my
house for 9 years. Once in a while I peer into a section and they are
spotless. You must have had a hack of an installer or not have real
leafguard gutters. The only thing bad about them is that they are
expensive. If you really have birds in yours please post a picture so we
can see what is wrong with the installation.

wrote in message
oups.com...