Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Dishwasher vacuum breaker required?

I am replacing my dishwasher. It drains into the plumbing under the sink.
The old dishwasher did not have a vacuum breaker at the sink.

What does the Uniform Plumbing Code say about installing the air gap at the
sink? Do I need one?

I tried to check with the building department but gave up after one hour of
run-arounds. These bureaucrats are pretty worthless.

--
Walter
www.rationality.net

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jun 21, 11:34 am, "Walter R." wrote:
I am replacing my dishwasher. It drains into the plumbing under the sink.
The old dishwasher did not have a vacuum breaker at the sink.

What does the Uniform Plumbing Code say about installing the air gap at the
sink? Do I need one?

I tried to check with the building department but gave up after one hour of
run-arounds. These bureaucrats are pretty worthless.

--
Walterwww.rationality.net
-

AFAIK, whether you need one or not is a local issue. Most places
don't require it, in which case a high loop that takes the hose up to
the underside of the countertop may be used.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Walter R." wrote in message
.. .
I am replacing my dishwasher. It drains into the plumbing under the sink.
The old dishwasher did not have a vacuum breaker at the sink.

What does the Uniform Plumbing Code say about installing the air gap at
the sink? Do I need one?

I tried to check with the building department but gave up after one hour
of run-arounds. These bureaucrats are pretty worthless.

Local codes is the issue. If you don't have problems now, don't worry abut
it on the new one. I've never had one in 35+ years of using dishwashers and
never had a problem. YMMV

Dyson DC05 Vacuum stripdown help required. Don Gray UK diy 1 December 4th 06 05:47 PM
A/C Unit Keeps Tripping Circuit Breaker - How to test breaker before calling repair man? C5Ya Home Repair 10 August 26th 05 07:34 PM
Vacuum Breaker TP Home Repair 2 April 24th 05 08:49 PM
breaking up concrete pad 6 inches thick -concete breaker required?. tom patton UK diy 8 March 22nd 05 02:45 PM
Water Heater Expansion Tank/Vacuum Breaker? Jerry Napoliano Home Repair 5 September 30th 04 04:47 AM