Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Prescription assistance

This is off topic but I would like opinions anyway.
I am taking Fosamax for osteopenia. I have been getting it free from
Merck under their assistance program. Now, my doctor has been told (by
the hospital he works for) not to sign off on any future assistance
prescriptions. Their reason is that I am eligible for Medicare D (which
I do not have). Merck says that having Medicare does not prevent a
patient from getting assistance from them. What recourse do I have?

---MIKE---
In the White Mountains of New Hampshire
(44° 15' N - Elevation 1580')

Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

---MIKE--- wrote:
This is off topic but I would like opinions anyway.
I am taking Fosamax for osteopenia. I have been getting it free from
Merck under their assistance program. Now, my doctor has been told (by
the hospital he works for) not to sign off on any future assistance
prescriptions. Their reason is that I am eligible for Medicare D (which
I do not have). Merck says that having Medicare does not prevent a
patient from getting assistance from them. What recourse do I have?

Find another doctor?

Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

On Tue, 19 Jun 2007 20:10:46 -0500, dpb wrote:

---MIKE--- wrote:
This is off topic but I would like opinions anyway.
I am taking Fosamax for osteopenia. I have been getting it free from
Merck under their assistance program. Now, my doctor has been told (by
the hospital he works for) not to sign off on any future assistance
prescriptions. Their reason is that I am eligible for Medicare D (which
I do not have). Merck says that having Medicare does not prevent a
patient from getting assistance from them. What recourse do I have?

Find another doctor?

One at another hospital that won't say this to the doctor.

For whatever reason, the hospital doesnt want to be involved in this
program for someone who could get medicare D, which I guess would give
you a substantial discount on the Fozimax.

Or maybe find out what department of the hospital told yhour doctor
that, and go there and ask the person to change his mind, for whatever
reasons you can offer. Maybe he'll tell you something you can change
so that his reason won't apply, or maybe he'll just change his mind.